OGXbox.com

Modchip bios help

Squishyrob

Hi all, 

I have a 1.6 Xbox which I believe has an xecuter 2.6 modchip installed (looks identical to the ones pictured) with the toggle switches. 3 with leds and one just behind them, underneath. I used the ogxbox installer 2021 disk with xbpartitioner1.3 to setup my hdd. I used the setup new large hdd as it’s 2tb. All went well, with drives F and G showing, I think, 927gb each. Yet on xbmc4gamers G drive is unavailable. I have the evox m8+ bios currently. What could be causing this and would it be worthwhile flashing the cerbios  bios if at all this is possible? Thanks in advance, 

Rob

260B89ED-6BFA-4946-8009-E0E6035017C9.jpeg

33DDEBF5-561E-425F-9059-2AB2128DD013.webp

When formatting a 2tb hard drive I always format it twice

The first format of F and G partitions I set the size of the drives to around 920gb each then after it's formatted you need to power off the Xbox for a good 30seconds the power on and load the partitioner program again and this time format F and G to maximum, Then power cycle the Xbox again

6 hours ago, Squishyrob said:

would it be worthwhile flashing the cerbios  bios if at all this is possible?

Yes I would use the Cerbios and don't forget to put the cerbios.ini config file on the root of C drive.

The lastert Cerbios is 2.2.1 beta 

Depending on you IDE cable and your sata2ide adaptor you may not be able to use the UDMA5 version, For the UDMA5 you need a good quality 80 wire IDE cable with a Startech adaptor.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks for the replies fellas, I appreciate your time. Just wondering the best way of installing cerbios? Using ftp, usb or is there some sort of installation disk? And would I just use FileZilla to drag and drop the config file to Xbox then run it from file explorer from the Xbox? And I can use XBPartitioner to reformat, is there an option to only have a F drive? I’m going to try the 2x format before I load up cerbios/only F drive, to satisfy my curiosity. Thanks again fellas, big help.

Rob

16 minutes ago, Squishyrob said:

Thanks for the replies fellas, I appreciate your time. Just wondering the best way of installing cerbios? Using ftp, usb or is there some sort of installation disk? And would I just use FileZilla to drag and drop the config file to Xbox then run it from file explorer from the Xbox? And I can use XBPartitioner to reformat, is there an option to only have a F drive? I’m going to try the 2x format before I load up cerbios/only F drive, to satisfy my curiosity. Thanks again fellas, big help.

Rob

You can use Xblast to re-flash the bios on that mod-chip but with that chip if you can not flash each bank separately, So whatever you flash to bank1 is also on bank2.

I use Xblast net flash option, Load Xblast, select net flash, it will give you an IP address to connect too using any browser, you then select the bios you want to flash and click upload. If it was me I would use the UDMA4 and UDMA5 

The reason I format the HDD twice is there is a bug in practitioner that has a hiccup with 2tb HDD's 

If you want to still retain the two banks with separate bios's then you need to combine the 2 files to make a 1024kb ( 1meg) file and flash that.

There is a program called "Xecuter Bios Manager V2.3" that can combine the to bios files. you can down load this and flash it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mOAdc-gzT6OywY006BbsiYY9HEh3Kc4G/view?usp=share_link

Bank1 = UDMA2

Bank2 = UDMA5

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

19 hours ago, Squishyrob said:

Hi all, 

I have a 1.6 Xbox which I believe has an xecuter 2.6 modchip installed (looks identical to the ones pictured) with the toggle switches. 3 with leds and one just behind them, underneath. I used the ogxbox installer 2021 disk with xbpartitioner1.3 to setup my hdd. I used the setup new large hdd as it’s 2tb. All went well, with drives F and G showing, I think, 927gb each. Yet on xbmc4gamers G drive is unavailable. I have the evox m8+ bios currently. What could be causing this and would it be worthwhile flashing the cerbios  bios if at all this is possible? Thanks in advance

Run XBPartioner v1.3 from your Xbox's hard drive, not from the OGXbox Installer 2021 disc booted by your console. 

Does it show an error message that LBA48 support is not found?

If so, your M8plus BIOS does not have the LBA48 v2 or later patch applied to use a huge hard drive.