OGXbox.com

Locked HD Error 05

Gurjsagoo

So after installing the mod chip and uninstalling the mod chip. the hard drive i forgot to lock. now im getting error 5 means it needs locking. i do how ever have another modded xbox.

can i put the hard drive in the modded 1 . lock it using the tools and put it back in the unmoded console again

any help please. just need to get it locked again

11 minutes ago, Gurjsagoo said:

So after installing the mod chip and uninstalling the mod chip. the hard drive i forgot to lock. now im getting error 5 means it needs locking. i do how ever have another modded xbox.

can i put the hard drive in the modded 1 . lock it using the tools and put it back in the unmoded console again

any help please. just need to get it locked again

Each Xbox has it's own HDD key unless you have nulled the HDD key ( nulled with all ones (32 X ones) or all zeros (32 X zeros)) in the EEprom of both Xbox boards then yes you can lock the HDD in the other Xbox.

If you have a copy of the original EEprom.bin from the board that's giving error 5 you can use Fatxplorer beta V22 to lock the HDD to that EEprom.bin data file or use a external EEprom reader/writer to get the EEprom /bin data file and then use Fatxplorer to lock the HDD, But in my view the easiest is refit the mod-chip to lock the HDD and once you can boot to the Xbox again re-flash the onboard bios then you don't need to worry about locking the HDD again.

Why did you un-install the mod-chip?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

22 minutes ago, Gurjsagoo said:

hello. i just gave up with the modchip. so it is ok the put that hd in my moded 1. lock it and put it back in the unmoded 1

NO.   Each Xbox has a unique HDD key that's calculated from the Xbox serial number

It will only work if you have the same HDD key on both Xbox's

Unless you know that both Xbox's have been NULLED it won't work.

Eac

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

18 minutes ago, Gurjsagoo said:

i managed to lock the hd. so it all ok now. boots into ms dash. but when i plug in the mod chip. i get the flash screen. flashed with the xecuter bios. but when i switch the console off and on i get the same screen again telling me to flash it

Can you upload a picture what's on the screen and the modchip to a file share site ( I use https://postimages.org ) and then add the link here.

Cheers

SS Dave

22 hours ago, Gurjsagoo said:

i managed to lock the hd. so it all ok now. boots into ms dash. but when i plug in the mod chip. i get the flash screen. flashed with the xecuter bios. but when i switch the console off and on i get the same screen again telling me to flash it

Flash it with EvoxM8 or cerbios 2.2.1

Cheers

SS Dave