OGXbox.com

How to flash this dam mod chip

Gurjsagoo

Hello people. i managed to fix the traces and install the xecuter2 modchip which i had spare. switched it on with the switches in correct position and im getting a bios flash screen. now the funny thing is now. when i switch the chip off via the switch. i fort it would boot into the ms dash board. which it dosent. the console switches on but nothing comes on the screen.

so now the flashing. i dont have no blank dvds to install the bios. only way is to ftp into the console. i did try and quickly ftp into it using a normal ethernet cable plugged in to my network splitter but it wont connect. do i need a user name and password. been so many year i cant even remember

is this chip working properly well atleast is it supossed to be doing what its doing

cheers people

3 hours ago, Gurjsagoo said:

Hello people. i managed to fix the traces and install the xecuter2 modchip which i had spare. switched it on with the switches in correct position and im getting a bios flash screen. now the funny thing is now. when i switch the chip off via the switch. i fort it would boot into the ms dash board. which it dosent. the console switches on but nothing comes on the screen.

so now the flashing. i dont have no blank dvds to install the bios. only way is to ftp into the console. i did try and quickly ftp into it using a normal ethernet cable plugged in to my network splitter but it wont connect. do i need a user name and password. been so many year i cant even remember

is this chip working properly well atleast is it supossed to be doing what its doing

cheers people

It sounds like something is not right with your install.

It will help if you upload some pic's of your work to a share site ( I use https://postimages.org/ ) and add the links here.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

On 2/22/2023 at 10:59 AM, Gurjsagoo said:

cheers people

Is the BIOS screen that appears for FlashBIOS 3.0.x?

There is no FTP server available with this BIOS.  You enable Network Flashing and, in a browser, enter the IP address shown on the screen to connect to the BIOS's web server to flash the modchip with a BIOS (dot bin file).  Follow the onscreen instructions. 

It will most likely take a long time.  With the latest browsers, the flash process seems dead after selecting the dot bin file and starting the flash operation.  Last time I tried, nothing happened for about 10 minutes then it finally flashed the BIOS to the modchip and rebooted.

With older Windows and browsers from 2001-2005, the flash process happened almost instantly.

P.S. Which X2 modchip version is it?

On 2/22/2023 at 5:59 PM, Gurjsagoo said:

cheers people

its in german, but it might help you

https://youtu.be/l6cXT1RLpHE?t=530

In your case I would burn a Hexen and pop it in, reinstall Hardrive, rebuild C partition and put all Apps including MS Dashboard to E/Apps. This should fix all your problems.

Edited by Onaga

3 hours ago, Onaga said:

its in german, but it might help you

https://youtu.be/l6cXT1RLpHE?t=530

In your case I would burn a Hexen and pop it in, reinstall Hardrive, rebuild C partition and put all Apps including MS Dashboard to E/Apps. This should fix all your problems.

If this is a missing bios issue, then there isnt any need to completely rebuild the hdd. However, if by chance the user does have an extra hdd available, then they could possiby make a dummy hdd in order to have the preferred bios.bin files available. That would allow the initial flash take place and then they could swap back to the OG hdd. But Kaos's suggestion to flash remotely from a computer is one of the first things to try. 

7 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

If this is a missing bios issue, then there isnt any need to completely rebuild the hdd. However, if by chance the user does have an extra hdd available, then they could possiby make a dummy hdd in order to have the preferred bios.bin files available. That would allow the initial flash take place and then they could swap back to the OG hdd. But Kaos's suggestion to flash remotely from a computer is one of the first things to try. 

but he is getting a bios flash screen. xbox should be able to boot hexen.

if he gets nothing (black screen) without chip, he most likely needs to rebuild C. otherwise he would get error 16 becasue of missing dashboard. thats what I know from my experiance.

29 minutes ago, Onaga said:

if he gets nothing (black screen) without chip, he most likely needs to rebuild C. otherwise he would get error 16 becasue of missing dashboard. thats what I know from my experiance.

The screen he is getting will not boot a OS disk ( Hexen, OGXbox 2021 installer) or a game disk, it's purely add a bios that will allow you to load a OS from either a DVD or the HDD.

This is the screen he is talking about

20170814-160004.jpg

Also if he has a version 1.0 there is a good chance the OP will not get any errors on the screen just the Eject LED flashes differently depending on what's caused the Xbox to not boot.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Onaga said:

This just isn’t correct 

3 hours ago, Onaga said:

FlashBIOS or any other Cromwell-based BIOS does not do normal Xbox operations.  They cannot play games, run a replacement dashboard or boot an Xbox disc either original or a burned copy.  Booting a homebrew modded Xbox installer disc (e.g., Hexen or OGXbox Installer 2021 to name two) is such an operation it cannot do.

On 3/1/2023 at 5:23 PM, Onaga said:

my bad, I didn't recorgnize that he is talking about the OS!!! i thought he is talking about boot screen like evox does and that he gets stuck afterwards.

Not sure what they are seeing. No picture was posted by them.  Only their statement in the first post:

On 2/22/2023 at 10:59 AM, Gurjsagoo said:

Hello people. i managed to fix the traces and install the xecuter2 modchip which i had spare. switched it on with the switches in correct position and im getting a bios flash screen.

The only BIOS flash screen I know of is FlashBIOS's flash option.

enablenetflash.jpg.e6ca8415211b0ab5f3ecd0f50a96f052.jpg

The Enable Network Flashing option allows one to flash the X2 modchip with a BIOS by connecting the Xbox to your home network and using a web browser. Once enabled by pressing the (A) button on the controller, enter the IP address shown on the screen in the web browser's address bar to connect to FlashBIOS's web server. Follow the instructions to select the BIOS file and flash it to the modchip.

1261220391_X3CL-HTTPWebFlash.png.cb27ae82e9a4c7eb766e46fa7aa0edb1.png