OGXbox.com

Evening.

dnfm

Evening.  I don't know how active this board still is, but here we are.

I have a ridiculous video game collection, but I've been looking to consolidate and get rid of things as I clean up and work towards a very large move across the continent for my family later this year.

That included picking up an aladdin xt for my xbox which I will be installing this week so I can use the xbox for a lot more than Microsoft intended.

This seemed like a good resource for information on doing that.  So: here I am.

Well.. I modded it.  And it worked.

Then I plugged in an ethernet cable, and tried to come out of the screensaver for the dashboard, and got a black screen.

Then it stopped turning on.

I suspect the power supply has gone bad -- or I've screwed something up, obviously.  But I don't have another 1.6 power board to try out so I'm lost at the moment.

Weee.

Nevermind.  It reinstalled the damn thing and it came back.  Sort of.  The xbox was acting very wonky.  I don't *think* I did anything wrong -- this xbox has behaved strangely for a very long time; I'm thinking it's time to move onto my other xbox.  (Not a 1.6.)