OGXbox.com

Hdd Fixes for Games

RoofTop

The xbox cracking scene released quite a few hdd fixes and patches for games..

These are normally just patches to run on default.xbe's.

I wonder if anyone here have a collection of those to share.

I am especially looking for r-fchdfix   ( fight club hdd fix from Riot (ntsc) )  and a hdd fix for shin megami tensei nine.

On 1/20/2019 at 1:16 PM, RoofTop said:

I am especially looking for r-fchdfix   ( fight club hdd fix from Riot (ntsc) )  and a hdd fix for shin megami tensei nine.

Small file, 1.37 MB (1,447,712 bytes), so I just attached it.

Attachment removed.

Didn't find the other game's fix, yet!

Update: :( I removed the attachment.  It was not working.  Not sure why as the CRC checksum in the included SFV file matched that of the zip file inside.  

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, RoofTop said:

Kaosengineer:  There is a problem with the fix you have. Half of the default.xbe is zerofilled.  Get the one supplied by Sifaw99, it works. :)

I'd not tested it but the files from the source have been good before this one. :(

Thanks for the info.

I removed the BAD content from my previous post

Edited by KaosEngineer

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mantequilla said:

Hello. Can you please add also the fix for san andreas. The game restarts to the dashboard whenever I select it. I have problems also with Burnout 3 and Conflict Vietnam

Here you can find fix for gta san 

https://gtaforums.com/topic/922852-gta-san-andreas-super-modded-for-xbox-original-x360/

For Burnout 3 and Conflict Vietnam its work for me in hdd, seems you have a bad iso or the files not complete when you transfer in Ftp.

Edited by Sifaw99
  • Like 3

I've read in other forums there is problem with Burnout 3 to them also. Don't know if it is the same source. Are you suggesting using NTSC mod, and format the disc to NTSC even if the console was originally bought as PAL? I tried Conflict Vietnam PAL and worked so Im confused right now in what format should I go.

4 hours ago, RoofTop said:

Anyone have the hdd fix for :

filename also known as:

phl-hppoa_usa_hdfix

??

i have this fix, but its not finished and it crashes at certain points in game.

and the author of this fix remove it in this site. Here the site:

https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?87072-XBOX-Game-Fixes

the only way to play it,is to burn the game in DVD.

• Sad 1

On 2/17/2019 at 4:27 PM, Sifaw99 said:

i have this fix, but its not finished and it crashes at certain points in game.

and the author of this fix remove it in this site. Here the site:

https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?87072-XBOX-Game-Fixes

the only way to play it,is to burn the game in DVD.

Not quite. 

NKPatcher softmodded systems like those modded with Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool can use the driveimageutils v1.0.1  attacher default. xbe file to mount the XISO-format ISO disc image to play the game.

Upload the dot ISO file and the attacher default.xbe file to a folder in your Games path, reboot and play the game.  You'll need to edit the XBE Title to see the correct name in the menu.

UnleashX and XBMC4Xbox's file manager can edit an XBE's internally stored Title.

See: https://imgur.com/9CbLEL for UnleashX

For those with a modchip installed, there's also a CDROM Modchip patcher to run before your dashboard to allow you to use the same driveimageutils attacher method.

Update: the drive image util's attacher mounts the disk image so it looks to the console as if a DVD disk is loaded in the DVD drive.  On a softmodded system, there's also a detach app to unmount the disk image after using IGR to return to the dashboard. After detaching, you can use the DVD drive again to load discs.  For hardmodded systems, power cycle the system to unmount the image.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/17/2019 at 5:32 PM, Sifaw99 said:

I didn't know that, cool!!

But in FATX the max file is 4gb, and same games with long files issue, the iso pass 4gb, Like tony hawk wasteland.

The ISORipper included with the driveimageutils rips the image into multiple ISO parts that fit within FATX's 4GB max file size limit.  The ISORipper app also creates the attach default.xbe with the game name from the game's default.xbe file. The attach app will mount multiple parts of the disc image as one disc to the system. 

From driveimageutils-v1.0.1.zip 's readme.txt:

ISO image ripper / CD&DVD ripper
Insert a game disc into the drive and run the utility. There's no display output or sound or anything but just wait. For example, ripping a 6.7 GB game will take about 40 minutes on my Xbox. After ripping, the utility returns to the dashboard and you should be able to see the game in your games list.

The ISO image will be ripped to f:\games or g:\games depending on free space.  These directories can be changed by editing backup.cfg. In addition to the .iso files, a default.xbe will also be created. This is the virtual disc attacher utility. The title name is automatically copied from the game d:\default.xbe.  The same attacher file is included in the component directory of this package.

and

Virtual disc attacher
This is the file automatically created by the ISO backup utility and is also contained in component\attach.xbe. When this xbe is run it will attach all files with a .iso extension in the same directory in alphabetical order using an nkpatcher 8 system call. In case there are several .iso files in the directory, these are assumed to be parts of the same big ISO file. Since Xbox FATX file system has a file size limitation of 4 GB, big ISO files need to be sliced into smaller parts. The ISO backup utility will do this automatically.

After attachment, this program will quick reboot the system. If the attached ISO image contains a default.xbe in its root directory, the kernel will execute it as is usual. Running the attacher on game ISO images will, therefore, launch the game.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/17/2019 at 8:35 PM, Sifaw99 said:

Here you can find fix for gta san 

https://gtaforums.com/topic/922852-gta-san-andreas-super-modded-for-xbox-original-x360/

For Burnout 3 and Conflict Vietnam its work for me in hdd, seems you have a bad iso or the files not complete when you transfer in Ftp.

Hi 

Conflict Vietnam, is it the US or PAL one? I'm all so having problems with it and Conflict Global Terror. Both games load but then it just comes up with a message saying "There a problem with the disc, it may be damage or dirty". I've reinstalled both games but still have the same problem. I'm installing it from Disc and its the US copy's. Dose any one know if they need HDD Fixes? I've run the ACL on DVD2Xbox but it didn't do anything.

1 hour ago, JohnnyBaboon said:

Hi

Thanks for the link. I've downloaded it but there's no HDD Fix for Conflict Global Terror (US) or Conflict Vietnam (US). I have the original discs so I know they work fine, but when I copy them to the HDD it comes up with an error saying "There's a problem with the disc you're using. It may be dirty or damaged"

Basically I'm trying to copy my 300+ collection to my HDD so I can just played of it and the only ones giving me problem are the two above and the 1st and 2nd edition of GTA San Addresses, both are US. When I load San Addresses, it just boots back to the dashboard.

Can any one help me with them?

Edited by ProjectMyst

Anyone have a fix for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3? All the other Tony Hawk games I have work fine but that one refuses to display a video signal for me. I'm not using component cables, just composite on my CRT so my console is only outputting a 480i signal. I've tried a bunch of different video settings in UnleashX and I can't get it to display a video signal when running from HDD. Disc works fine though.