OGXbox.com

Hdd Fixes for Games

RoofTop

14 hours ago, JohnnyBaboon said:

Anyone have a fix for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3? All the other Tony Hawk games I have work fine but that one refuses to display a video signal for me. I'm not using component cables, just composite on my CRT so my console is only outputting a 480i signal. I've tried a bunch of different video settings in UnleashX and I can't get it to display a video signal when running from HDD. Disc works fine though.

Have you had a component cable connected and the 480p and/or higher resolutions enabled?  If so, you need to reconnect the component cable so you can disable them else the game still tries to output in a higher-resolution mode even when the composite cable is connected.

Update: If it runs from the disc, one would think it would do the same from the HDD. 

The UnleashX settings don't change values stored in the configuration EEPROM.  Its video settings only affect the dashboard itself not any other app that you run from it.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:23 PM, ProjectMyst said:

Hi

Thanks for the link. I've downloaded it but there's no HDD Fix for Conflict Global Terror (US) or Conflict Vietnam (US). I have the original discs so I know they work fine, but when I copy them to the HDD it comes up with an error saying "There's a problem with the disc you're using. It may be dirty or damaged"

Basically I'm trying to copy my 300+ collection to my HDD so I can just played of it and the only ones giving me problem are the two above and the 1st and 2nd edition of GTA San Addresses, both are US. When I load San Addresses, it just boots back to the dashboard.

Can any one help me with them?

Hi Guys

I was able to get Grand Theft Auto San Andreas NTSC-U HDD fix. Still working on Conflict Global Terror (NTSC-U) or Conflict Vietnam (NTSC-U), if anyone has managed to getting it fixed please let me know. 

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (1st Edition - Title ID 54540082) [US] [HDD Fix].zip Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (2nd Edition - Title ID 545400A3) [US] [HDD Fix].zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

You do realise bar a couple games the HDD fix is literally a FatX patch. (ie, DVD2Xbox ACL patched xbe)

Just patch your games with DVD2Xbox or use it to copy them to the HDD, UnleashX will only patch the short FatX check, not the long one. DVD2Xbox will also patch most of the problematic games, but not all.

Toca 3, the hulk eg... have acl patches for there protection, NFL 2003 or 4 has a patch file that you manually apply in the file manager.

Edited by Rocky5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rocky5 said:

You do realise bar a couple games the HDD fix is literally a FatX patch. (ie, DVD2Xbox ACL patched xbe)

Just patch your games with DVD2Xbox or use it to copy them to the HDD, UnleashX will only patch the short FatX check, not the long one. DVD2Xbox will also patch most of the problematic games, but not all.

Toca 3, the hulk eg... have acl patches for there protection, NFL 2003 or 4 has a patch file that you manually apply in the file manager.

Hi Rocky5

Yeah I realise this and it copying them with DVD2Xbox worked for most games but it didn't work for all. I have a few that it didn't work + it's meant to patch 007 Everything or Nothing (US) and it didn't patch it, I had to download the patched xbe form another site.

Another 4 games that DVD2Xbox didn't work for are  Conflict Global Terror (NTSC-U),  Conflict Vietnam (NTSC-U), Supper Monkey Ball DX (US) and The Warriors (EU).

56 minutes ago, Rocky5 said:

Those games may require a 480p patch to work in 480p mode. 

But I will need to compare the xbe files to see exactly what was done, as most of the HDD fixes are just FatX checks being latched. (When compared)

I got Conflict Global Terror (NTSC-U),  Conflict Vietnam (NTSC-U), Supper Monkey Ball DX (US) working by changing the following cods. Maybe this can help you out, Rocky5. With the first two I was getting "There's a problem with the disc you're using. It may be dirty or damaged" error and with  Supper Monkey Ball DX (US ) it was just rebooting back to the dashboard. The Worries (EU) I just can't get it to work, I'm getting the following error "There's a problem with the disc you're using. It may be dirty or damaged".

Conflict Global Terror (NTSC-U)

Find:
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 02 00 00 01
Chance with:
35 38 34 34 34 35 34 36 FF 01 00 C0 07
Find:
E8 65 6F 00 00 85 C0 7C 05
Change with:
C7 45 FC 01 00 00 00 90 90

Conflict Vietnam (NTSC-U)

Find:
Chance with:
Find:
E8 5E 6B 00 00 85 C0 7C 05
Change with:

Supper Monkey Ball DX (NTSC-U)

Find:
Chance with:
Find:
E8 29 28 00 00 85 C0 7C 05
Change with:

Edited by ProjectMyst
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Search for and replace/change the hex values in the game's default.xbe file.

Use a Hex Editor. For Windows OS, try:

- HexEdit v4.0 (main web site is offline but links below to the software)
- HxD
- etc.

Update: Looks like www.HexEdit.com is no longer online. :(  I've been using it for many years and didn't know the site went away.

Links to download HexEdit v4.0

Old Mirror sites:

dropbox.com
box.com
mediafire.com

Verify file integrity of hexedit4_binary.zip with the following checksum values:

MD5: 12A0 992F 6807 D528 CFC6 BA3E B71B F672

SHA1: 374C C2C6 27A9 BB38 51EC E446 5287 ED6A 436B A793

Values found on the Wayback Machine's capture of hexedit.com's download.aspx  web page from 14 April 2018.

• Like 3

On 5/12/2019 at 2:43 AM, ProjectMyst said:

Supper Monkey Ball DX (NTSC-U)

Find:
Chance with:
Find:
E8 29 28 00 00 85 C0 7C 05
Change with:

Wow, thank you thank you thank you to you and @KaosEngineer! I was getting desperate trying to make this game work...

Couldn't find first chain 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 02 00 00 01 (nor its replacement 35 38 34 34 34 35 34 36 FF 01 00 C0 07) in the default.xbe but managed to change second one despite HexEdit v4.0 adding two '?' by itself in both Find and Replace field, after fiddling a while to get this '?' to disappear, it works, and now the game starts !

So I noticed you  give the same two chains to modify for all three games, what are they doing exactly ?

I still have some 30 games or such not working, some of them are rebooting the console, some of them are freezing it...

Edited by Voljega
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/10/2019 at 4:51 PM, ProjectMyst said:

Hi Guys

I was able to get Grand Theft Auto San Andreas NTSC-U HDD fix. Still working on Conflict Global Terror (NTSC-U) or Conflict Vietnam (NTSC-U), if anyone has managed to getting it fixed please let me know. 

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (1st Edition - Title ID 54540082) [US] [HDD Fix].zip 1.97 MB · 49 downloads Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (2nd Edition - Title ID 545400A3) [US] [HDD Fix].zip 1.97 MB · 43 downloads

Legend! Second one worked a treat for me.

I'm having an issue with GTA San Andreas. I have a PAL Xbox that's TSOP flashed, and I have FTP'd the game from a softmodded Xbox to this. I tried the patched xbe files both from here, and from another source that claims they're the PAL fixes. The game does boot; however, when I get to the menu and "press start", the Xbox just freezes. I know I had this issue before and managed to fix it, but I can't for the life of me remember what the solution was. Does anyone have any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 10:44 AM, ProjectMyst said:

Hi Rocky5

Yeah I realise this and it copying them with DVD2Xbox worked for most games but it didn't work for all. I have a few that it didn't work + it's meant to patch 007 Everything or Nothing (US) and it didn't patch it, I had to download the patched xbe form another site.

Another 4 games that DVD2Xbox didn't work for are  Conflict Global Terror (NTSC-U),  Conflict Vietnam (NTSC-U), Supper Monkey Ball DX (US) and The Warriors (EU).

I am in the same situation regarding 007: Everything or Nothing.  The game's xbe files were patched automatically by dvd2xbox when ripping my NTSC disc but the game boots to a black screen when I attempt to run it from the HDD.  I have confirmed that the game launches successfully when I run it from the DVD and have tried to analyze the patched xbe files which look ok to me (they seem to include the proper hex values for the game's region and allowing the game to run from the HDD).

Rocky5, do you have any thoughts on what the issue may be?  Is it possible that I need an updated acl file for this game?  I'm using a v1.6 Xbox and your latest softmod, by the way.  Thank you in advance for any insight that you may have into this.

Edited by Radio_Gra

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 9:11 PM, technoob said:

I've just noticed this thread by looking for "hdd fix xbox" on google

But the link is dead, can somebody help out ?

The file you were attempting to download was @Sifaw99's HDD fix for games.7z at the now defunct mega.nz link.

I've added a copy of it to OGXbox.com's Download section:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 1:18 PM, KaosEngineer said:

The file you were attempting to download was @Sifaw99's HDD fix for games.7z at the now defunct mega.nz link.

I've added a copy of it to OGXbox.com's Download section:

Seems the file donwload crashes for me everytime I try, and then for 10mn after it says I'm not allowed to download the file

Then it crashes again after a few ko transfered...

15 hours ago, Voljega said:

Seems the file donwload crashes for me everytime I try, and then for 10mn after it says I'm not allowed to download the file

Then it crashes again after a few ko transfered...

Try downloading from my OneDrive
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao7Z5kIDEKUmguAP8ELOjH_Pf6PCDw

I have a copy of HDD fixes in the Mods folder

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1