OGXbox.com

Replacement of Stock Fan

Viggen66

• 6 months later...
On 1/19/2019 at 4:08 PM, Viggen66 said:

As you know, the stock fan of original Xbox is quite loud, and given the age about 15 to 16 years I decided to upgrade/replace the fan, read some forums and some suggest the Nexus 70mm Real Silence fan, which has an airflow of 21.1 CFM, but since I'm from Europe this fan is not available almost in no place, owing probably to being an older fan design, looked for alternatives, and some suggested a Noctua 80mm which we need to butch the HDD plastic bay to fit on the box, but there's also a 60mm model, which fits excellently which is NF-A6x25 FLX. that address an airflow of 29,2 CFM which is better than the first solution Nexus 70 mm.

The Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX actually has an airflow of 29.2 m³/h, which is about 17.2 CFM (29.2 * 0.589). I don't think it's a deal-breaker in any way, but something to keep in mind when evaluating the fans performance.

I'm planning on making a 3D mount for the Noctua 60mm in hopes that the airflow can be improved, even if ever so slightly. It should improve the air-seal around the fan and allow for slightly better air flow.

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, Conker Box said:

Been using that brand fan in PC’s for a while now, they are as good as the reviews say.  Is that a 3D printed mount? 

• Thanks 1