Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Damo-NZ

G'day Guys, New Modder Wanting To Learn Tips

Hi there

I am new to modding Xboxes, i have watched a number of videos on the subject .

I plan to look through all the forum topics to guide me , my biggest hurdle is knowing what tools, leads and software to have so it makes the process easier.

I have four Xboxes, two have been soft modded by the previous owners (one has an extension kit with three HDD's internally and has an Akira 2 mod chip), one standard Xbox and one Pal Crystal Xbox version 1.5

I plan to TSOP all of them if possible. My soldier skills are good, i have installed mod chips in my PS2, and Gamecube. I have also modded my Dreamcast with an IDE Reborn and have an IDE drive in a custom built DC table top arcade.

Any help on where to look for info would be much appreciated

IMG_6162.JPG

IMG_6161.JPG

IMG_6164.PNG

IMG_6163.PNG

5 hours ago, Damo-NZ said:

Crystal Xbox version 1.5

It's insane how many newbies keep claiming they have a 1.5 lately. It's a 1.4. No one has a 1.5.

TSOP flashing is definitely the way to go though. It's incredibly easy to do and there are numerous tutorials for it online.

Make sure you are removing your clock capacitors from any non-1.6 Xboxes too. Leaving them in means death for the Xbox.

It's insane how many newbies keep claiming they have a 1.5 lately. It's a 1.4. No one has a 1.5.
TSOP flashing is definitely the way to go though. It's incredibly easy to do and there are numerous tutorials for it online.
Make sure you are removing your clock capacitors from any non-1.6 Xboxes too. Leaving them in means death for the Xbox.
Aren't all crystals 1.6? Do I remember wrong?

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

5 hours ago, ludvig82 said:

Aren't all crystals 1.6? Do I remember wrong?

The vast majority of them are, yes, but a small number of the PAL ones are 1.4.

His could be either, but my mind just went to 1.4 because 1.4/1.5 are the same. He very well could have a 1.6 though and be claiming it's a 1.5. It's not like we all haven't seen that before.

Edited by Forlorn Penguin

Thanks for the links, here is a photo of my serial number along with the Focus chip. I broke the seals myself nearly two years ago when i first looked into modding the Xbox to put into my Kiosk. It could be a 1.4 like you guys are saying

IMG_6176.JPG

IMG_6177.JPG

IMG_0891.JPG

• Like 1

Hi there
I am new to modding Xboxes, i have watched a number of videos on the subject .
I plan to look through all the forum topics to guide me , my biggest hurdle is knowing what tools, leads and software to have so it makes the process easier.
I have four Xboxes, two have been soft modded by the previous owners (one has an extension kit with three HDD's internally and has an Akira 2 mod chip), one standard Xbox and one Pal Crystal Xbox version 1.5
I plan to TSOP all of them if possible. My soldier skills are good, i have installed mod chips in my PS2, and Gamecube. I have also modded my Dreamcast with an IDE Reborn and have an IDE drive in a custom built DC table top arcade.
Any help on where to look for info would be much appreciated
Please login or register to see this link.
For the softmodded ones, I would suggest downloading rocky5s softmodding disc. It can update olds softmods, and it's the best imo. Love the extended case, that's something you don't see every day.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

9 hours ago, ludvig82 said:

For the softmodded ones, I would suggest downloading rocky5s softmodding disc. It can update olds softmods, and it's the best imo.

Definitely upgrade to Rocky's softmod yes and null the HDD key afterwards. But you don't need to use his disc to upgrade. Just grab the Quick Upgrade tool from his GitHub/Google Drive and use that instead. Spare the DVD drive.