OGXbox.com

Power/Eject Switch

ludvig82

The buttons are just simple switches that connect two wires when pressed.  You can lengthen the wires and move them wherever you want, I use a power button in my controller so I don't have to get up out of my chair.  The circuit board for the buttons is very basic.  It is basically just a couple wires for the LEDs and a few wires for the buttons.  You could completely do away with the whole board with very little work.

11 hours ago, ludvig82 said:

I believe I read somewhere there was an easy way to switch the working of the 2 buttons?

Yes, swap the two wires on the connector of the power/eject board - SW1 Eject and SW2 Power

See: http://diy.sickmods.net/Tutorials/Xbox1/Power-Eject_Pinouts/ for the pinouts. 

11 hours ago, ludvig82 said:

Is there also some easy way to just use one button?

No easy way to use 1 switch for two different functions. 

I wouldn't mod the original, you never know when you might need it.  I would buy a cheap project board and wire it up the way you want it.  You can cut it to whatever size you need and easily attach any wires, buttons, and LEDs you want.  Something like this https://www.amazon.com/Paxcoo-Prototype-Soldering-Electronic-Projects/dp/B075VRWC9V/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546902689&sr=8-3&keywords=project+circuit+board

I wouldn't mod the original, you never know when you might need it.  I would buy a cheap project board and wire it up the way you want it.  You can cut it to whatever size you need and easily attach any wires, buttons, and LEDs you want.  Something like this https://www.amazon.com/Paxcoo-Prototype-Soldering-Electronic-Projects/dp/B075VRWC9V/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546902689&sr=8-3&keywords=project+circuit+board
I see your point, but I believe I have around 20 extras boards. So I can sacrifice one for testing purposes for sure :)

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

In that case you can definitely modify it. just map out the traces and if you have to cut one you need you can always jumper a wire to fix the trace.  It's a very basic board.  It basically just acts as a mount for the buttons and LEDs, it is no problem to modify.
I was thinking the same. It wouldn't be difficult to just use wires and a switch instead for the board either I guess. I am just not experienced in working with pcbs and schematics, but I am fond of learning new stuff. I'll see if I do a "slimmer" build soon. Will first have to finish the one I am doing now. Also have 2 other consoles that need finishing details.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I am looking to do something very similar to this. I would like to make the eject button perform the function of the power button. Does anyone have a working link to the PCB schematics or can post a pic?

It appears to me like wires "1" & "2" serve the original "power" while "8" and "9" serve the "eject". Is it possible to swap the wires around to do as I intend?

Any help would be appreciated.

24 minutes ago, nucclearffiestas said:

I am looking to do something very similar to this. I would like to make the eject button perform the function of the power button. Does anyone have a working link to the PCB schematics or can post a pic?

It appears to me like wires "1" & "2" serve the original "power" while "8" and "9" serve the "eject". Is it possible to swap the wires around to do as I intend?

Any help would be appreciated.

Simple

Swap the power and eject wires in the plug

PXL_20201011_003237331.jpg.1add9de21963783488d2fd497d5a2033.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

You would need a spdt momentary switch

The switch will have 3 terminals

The center terminal is ground and the outer 2 terminals  is one side to the power SW2 and the other to the eject  SW1

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1