OGXbox.com

Identify Chip, and What To Do Next

ludvig82

I am planning my first slim, with my newly acquired (and first) chipped Xbox. But I am not sure what chip it is, and what I should do. What bios to flash and so on, I have only worked with softmods before.

How ro run the Xbox without a dvd drive?

IMG_20181228_175928.jpg?dl=0

IMG_20181228_180302.jpg?dl=0

IMG_20181228_180906.jpg?dl=0

Sent fra min NX551J via Tapatalk

It is an Xecuter 2 Lite mod chip. looks like you already have a good bios on it, I would try to use it as is.
image002.gif.9e7db1f7b3878d03d3e4b68b3b7ac153.gif
x2lite10.jpg.5cdd59c9c9242e5df8cf4392af352426.jpg
Then I thought correct. I also thought it may be the Xcecuter2 lite. I flashed that bios a while ago, but was not sure it was the best.

How about the dvd drive? Can I run without it or the PCB with an chipped Xbox?

In your case, you can FTP the file E/x2config.ini to your PC and make sure this part is a zero.
doDvdDriveCheck = 0
then FTP it back to E partition copying over the old one.
Great, I will try that. BTW, is the the Xbox cable select? I am sure I used to know this, but can't remember now.

2 hours ago, ludvig82 said:

So I need to have the hdd at the same contact on the ide cable?

If you use a non-cable select IDE cable or have to flip end-over-end to install a new 80-wire 40-pin cable, cable select function is defeated as it's based on which connector is connected to each device - host/motherboard, DVD (slave) and HDD (master) device.  The HDD or IDE-to-SATA adapter will have to be set to MASTER.

• Like 1

Ok, I will try that after work today. I normally have a hdd with Xbox stuff on, like the bios checker, but I left it at home this work week (I work at sea). But I will find it online.

Try a newer version of BIOS Checker.  v5.0 is the latest; however, it to may show the BIOS as unknown but it will print the MD5 hash for the BIOS even when no match is found in it's BIOS ID naming file.

If you use a non-cable select IDE cable or have to flip end-over-end to install a new 80-wire 40-pin cable, cable select function is defeated as it's based on which connector is connected to each device - host/motherboard, DVD (slave) and HDD (master) device.  The HDD or IDE-to-SATA adapter will have to be set to MASTER.
I was planning on doing the 80 wire mod, so I will just set it to master then. Managed to short circuit the hdd I was planning on using, last night. Was cloning it with chimp and it slid off the dvd rom (I had a plastic plate between the hdd and dvd rom) and fell on the corner of the dvd rom and the PCB made contact with metal and released the magic smoke. So I guess I will need to find another drive :o still have the 60 GB one that was in the Xbox when I got it. Since I am running just the hdd, I guess I can get a 2 connector 80 wire ide cable.