OGXbox.com

Og XBox Error, Any Help Please?

MCLiLBas

Hello,

My friend gave me his OG Xbox but he doesn't know if it's modded or no ( I have no idea about modding etc, but when I boot the console I see a sign says EVO X on the left corner of the screen ) problem is that after the XBOX startup screen , I get an error 08 and sometimes 09, and the eject button is flashing red and green. Any help guys is really appreciated!!!

Thanks

If you're getting an EvoX logo during the boot animation that means the console is hardmodded with an EvoX BIOS. If there's no modchip in the Xbox that means it was TSOP flashed.

Also, if it was TSOP flashed, that means it's not a 1.6, which means it has a bad clock capacitor. Remove the clock capacitor ASAP, as it will leak (probably already has) and eventually destroy the motherboard.

Thank you guys so much for all the info! Really appreciate it! I managed to fix it by replacing the DVD-Rom with a used one! I thought it was the HDD, but turned out the DVD-Rom was the problem! Hdd was working fine without issues! 

I hope this would help someone who has the same issue! 

On 12/25/2018 at 2:49 AM, MCLiLBas said:

And if it's modded, how do I know if it's softmodded or chipmodded? Thanks guys

Since you see the Evo-X shield in the upper left corner of the screen it's hardmodded.  There are two methods of hardmodding:

1. Install a modchip connected to the Xbox's LPC Debug port, or

2. Reflash the BIOS/Kernel memory chip, known as the TSOP, on the Xbox's motherboard with a hacked BIOS.

Actually that may be a bit oversimplifying things.  I guess old softmods loaded a BFM (Boot From Media) BIOS (well kernel in Xbox terms).  So, it too could load an Evolution-X BIOS and the shield would be visible.  Most likely your console is hardmodded.

Best way to definitely tell, Open it up.  Torx 20 driver (6 screws on the bottom of the case - 4 under the corner rubber feet and 2 more under the stickers) and a Torx 10 to remove the 3 screws holding the DVD carrier inside the case .

Edited by KaosEngineer