Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.
Hellow OG Xbox community, creating this topic as a place to discuss installation, operation and modding of an Xecuter 3 CE Red-backed modchip with LCD, for help and questions, I am in no way an expert, but a very knowledgeable technician who is interested in helping others to use, repair or mod their systems. Lets share knowledge!!
I was given an old xbox with a copy of The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. and I just ignored it for five years. I recently stumbled across all this stuff about soft modding and TSOP so here I am, with a TSOP flashed and softmodded 1.4 XBOX with a 500GB hard drive and a handful of games.
Some of you might know I have already had a Xbox (v1.1) with TSOP flashed (M8+ only) recently
For a v1.1 Xbox, its TSOP (1MB) with only 256k M8+ is a bit wasted. Meanwhile, i read about Xblast OS which Forlorn Penguin suggested me before to use it to flash BIOS to TSOP.
And Now I realized that Xblast OS is not just a bios flash program, but with multiple useful tools. and more importantly to me, it can be flashed/installed to Modchip (including TSOP)
I read that its can be flashed to onboard TSOP, as Bennydiamond said in AG forum
Please login or register to see this link.
However, there is no specific instruction and video that I can search from google to specify this. So I hope someone here, based on your best knowledge, could share and confirm whether this is really workable for 1MB TSOP
Here comes my plan and assumption, can anyone help me to verify?
1. install/upload Xblast in C: drive per its instruction in its zip file
2. run xblast.xbe, enter its program/OS
3. Go to flash menu, select Bank2 (xblast OS), (Here, I am not sure if it will show 3 Banks as xblast illustrated, or 4 banks as my current TSOP has)
4. select crcwell.bin, then flash --> reboot
5. Xbox enter xblast os, go to flash menu, select bank0 (512k), choose X2.5032.bin, flash --> reboot
6. Xbox enter xblast os, go to flash menu, select bank1 (256k), choose M8+.bin , flash --> reboot
Will there be any issue for the procedures above? Your help would be much appreciated !