OGXbox.com

XBmc4gamers Not Starting In 720p

PV544

Hi all, I have finally loaded all my xbox games onto my 2tb hdd.  I am booting right into xbmc4gamers.  I have the settings set to 720p 16:9.  But when I exit a game, after the splash screen  xbmc4gamers reverts back to 480i resolution.  When I go to settings it shows it is in 720P 16:9 but it is not.  I have to go to the video calibration made and exit and then it goes to 720P.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

• 2 months later...

Have you looked through the c drive in a file manager? You should have the msdash files there somewhere? Do you have a softmod or a hardmod? If it’s a softmod they will definitely be there. You need to find and run the dash.xbe file. 

If you do have the msdash for whatever reason then see below 😃

You can download the clean c drive files from various places. Grab that and then ftp to a folder called ms dash then launch the xbe from there. That should work to allow you to enable the Hd resolutions.

On 12/2/2018 at 7:41 PM, PV544 said:

I do have an ntsc xbox.  In unleash x,  ms dashboard does not show up.   It was there before I upgraded my hdd.  How do you get it back?

Softmodded or hardmodded system? Did you use Chimp 261812 clone the old to new HDD?

Either way, you can FTP the stock MSDash 5960 file set to the Xbox's C drive.  You just need the 5960 files to do so.  Xbox Softmodding Tools Extras disc or Hexen 2018 StockFiles folder has them.