OGXbox.com

Chameleon (V1.8) In V1.6 XBox

Maverick0984

With help from some others, I was able to get this chip flashed a 1.6 compatible BIOS hotswapping it into a 1.0 xbox and that went well.

I thought I completed the physical install of the chip into the Xbox and things went smoothly.  I had an old X3 LPC rebuild board that was unused so I soldered in the pin header and used the rebuild board to rebuild the LPC.  I then soldered the spot on the rebuild board marked D0 on the modchip to D0 on the rebuild board (soldered to the location on the motherboard).

I go to power on the Xbox and it boots immediately if the modchip is placed on the pin header if connected to power but currently off.  It boots immediately if modchip is already on the pin header and I plug in power.  Both boot to MS Dash with no signs of the chip being powered on or functional.  Xbox would work as stock without any issue, I"m assuming.

If modchip is removed from pin header and plugged in.  I have to hit power button as normal but Xbox boots up as normal.

Any idea what could be causing the Xbox to auto-boot when the modchip is in place?  I've run out of ideas and documentation/youtube videos/random forum posts that I've found are either gone from the internet, or a slightly different scenario rendering the info useless.

I did NOT do anything with the LFrame trace.

• 4 weeks later...