Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Sign in to follow this  
Shadow07

V1.6 Ram Upgrade Bios

I've near zero experience with hard mods on the og xbox. I'm pretty savvy with soldering so I'm considering doing a ram upgrade. I've got an aladdin XT clone in the mail. My question is this:

Which bios will I need to flash on a 1.6 xbox for it to recognize 1tb of storage and the 128mb of ram?

1 hour ago, eeksdee said:

Why exactly do you need 128MB of RAM? Games are not designed to utilize anything over 64MB.

From what I've heard, homebrew can benefit from ram, I wouldn't know myself, but some seem to rave about it.

1 hour ago, moses_373 said:

From what I've heard, homebrew can benefit from ram, I wouldn't know myself, but some seem to rave about it.

i have 128, its not rave worthy. but its a bit better.

it also unlocks the sega chihiro games (meh)

I GUESS emulation is better... but not really? there are more games available to 128 boxes, arcade games mainly (i say mainly, but i think its only arcade).

on a side note, i would really love to see a "128mb only" rom list/downloadable pack, would be nice.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By brutalfuzz
      So I really want to upgrade the HDD but I'm super worried about bricking my system. How risky is it and what are the best steps to take for preventing a brick?
    • By Maverick0984
      With help from some others, I was able to get this chip flashed a 1.6 compatible BIOS hotswapping it into a 1.0 xbox and that went well.
      I thought I completed the physical install of the chip into the Xbox and things went smoothly.  I had an old X3 LPC rebuild board that was unused so I soldered in the pin header and used the rebuild board to rebuild the LPC.  I then soldered the spot on the rebuild board marked D0 on the modchip to D0 on the rebuild board (soldered to the location on the motherboard).
      I go to power on the Xbox and it boots immediately if the modchip is placed on the pin header if connected to power but currently off.  It boots immediately if modchip is already on the pin header and I plug in power.  Both boot to MS Dash with no signs of the chip being powered on or functional.  Xbox would work as stock without any issue, I"m assuming.
      If modchip is removed from pin header and plugged in.  I have to hit power button as normal but Xbox boots up as normal.
      Any idea what could be causing the Xbox to auto-boot when the modchip is in place?  I've run out of ideas and documentation/youtube videos/random forum posts that I've found are either gone from the internet, or a slightly different scenario rendering the info useless.
      I did NOT do anything with the LFrame trace.
    • By Stu2b2
      What would it cost to get this done I’ve tryed looking no good 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.