OGXbox.com

I Bricked My Xbox! Please Help!

affan101

Easiest fix as neighbor's already stated is to install a modchip: Aladdin XT plus 2 (aka XT 4032). 

They sell on eBay and other outlets with a wide price range ~$3-12 each.  

Other recovery methods require many additional hardware and software applications: Xbox EEPROM reader and PonyProg software or Raspberry Pi and PiPROM software to extract the content of the 8-pin configuration EEPROM that holds the HDDKey so you can lock the HDD.

You'll also need a copy of XboxHDM23USB Beta 2 or 3 software, A USB-to-HDD interface adapter to connect the new Xbox HDD to your PC.  XboxHDM23USB requires the HDD to be connected via a USB connection to the PC.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi all !

I have an Xbox Original which is hard modded (i think is Aladdin mod but not sure, see picture). I have recently being adding stuff through FTP method, which had worked great until now. I tried to boot unleashx instead of EVO X which am currently using, but i accidentally renamed a file (i think it was unleashx.xbe) to something else and now it wont boot. it shows error 21 and the FTP method wont work anymore. Booting from disk also is not an option.

Anyone knows how to fix this? i head that a hard modded xbox is easier to fix than a softmod. I just need to access the HDD to just rename the file back to how it was. I tried using explorer360 (run as admin etc.. ) but could identify the driver in any case.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

222.jpg

8 hours ago, psoutzis said:

Hi all !

I have an Xbox Original which is hard modded (i think is Aladdin mod but not sure, see picture). I have recently being adding stuff through FTP method, which had worked great until now. I tried to boot unleashx instead of EVO X which am currently using, but i accidentally renamed a file (i think it was unleashx.xbe) to something else and now it wont boot. it shows error 21 and the FTP method wont work anymore. Booting from disk also is not an option.

Anyone knows how to fix this? i head that a hard modded xbox is easier to fix than a softmod. I just need to access the HDD to just rename the file back to how it was. I tried using explorer360 (run as admin etc.. ) but could identify the driver in any case.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

222.jpg

Yes that is a aladdin chip

You probably should have started a new thread instead on tacking on a 2 year old one but any way 

Download the OGXbox Installer DVD from here and burn it to a brand name DVD-r as slow as possible (I use Verbatim DVD-r).

https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz

Once you have made this disk load it in the DVD and power cycle the Xbox to load it.

Once it loaded you can FTP to the Xbox or even format and install a dah from this disk to the hard drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

It also looks like the person that fitted the chip either had problems or thinks it's a version 1.5 by adding the 2 extra links 1 for ground (pin 2) and 1 for power (pin 9)

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thank you guys for all your answers! 

The xbox is now working great. Turns out that the DVD drive was not working properly. I have replaced the DVD drive from another xbox and it now reads discs. I have burned a dvd+r disc with HEXEN and it booted right up. I have then renamed the file and now it boots great!

Thanks