OGXbox.com

MrBriteSide

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck mixing a debug bios with a Focus based motherboard. I tried recently doing a retail to debug xbox conversion and the unit that I tried it on has the Focus video encoder and I ran into video issues as soon as I used PBL to switch to a debug bios. I have tried with both the complex 4627 BFM and also with the 5388 stock one that comes with the dev files and they produced the same result, scrambled video.. I have tried this with an xbox that has the Conexant video encoder and it seems to work though unfortunately due to some screw ups with some DVD drive testing, I have fried the DVD control/power from the PIC meaning I have to power the drive from another xbox for it to work (leave it for another topic as to what I was doing). Anyways , I was wondering if anyone knows of any workarounds for getting the debug bios to work on the Focus video encoder. I have a feeling since there arent any since all debug units to my knowledge had the Conexant video encoder, but nonetheless worth a try.

Thanks

1 hour ago, MrBriteSide said:

I initially also tried that but only set the launch debug .xbx option which didn't launch the files. Is there anything else I need to set like the first dashboard to launch?

DISABLEDM=1 at line 10 has to be 0. Otherwise it's still running retail.

2 hours ago, lapa988 said:

DISABLEDM=1 at line 10 has to be 0. Otherwise it's still running retail.

Okay thanks. I tried that and now it is finally working. While I know it is off topic, does anyone know how to get the IND bios running under PBL? I cant get it to work under either the Metoo edition or latest 1.41 release. It would be nice to have it so the system boots to unleash first and then I can go to the debug dash as appose to booting to the debug dash then going to unleash.

Thanks

8 hours ago, MrBriteSide said:

Okay thanks. I tried that and now it is finally working. While I know it is off topic, does anyone know how to get the IND bios running under PBL? I cant get it to work under either the Metoo edition or latest 1.41 release. It would be nice to have it so the system boots to unleash first and then I can go to the debug dash as appose to booting to the debug dash then going to unleash.

Thanks

You need to use the .bfm.bin version of any BIOS file with PBL, not the plain .bin file. BFM.bin's are Boot From Media versions of the BIOS while the .bin alone versions are to be  flashed to a either a modchip or TSOP.

Edited by KaosEngineer

On 11/2/2018 at 11:18 PM, KaosEngineer said:

You need to use the .bfm.bin version of any BIOS file with PBL, not the plain .bin file. BFM.bin's are Boot From Media versions of the BIOS while the .bin alone versions are to be  flashed to a either a modchip or TSOP.

Ahh okay. I totally forgot about the whole boot from media thing. Thanks I'll give it a try.

• 4 months later...
On 11/2/2018 at 7:07 PM, Rocky5 said:

Use ind-bios 5003 with the debug mode enabled.

how is it done? just spent some time on google and nothing.

update:
in the ind-bios.cfg had to replace USEXBX=0 by USEXBX=1

also this line should look like this:

DASH1=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\dashboard.xbx

SOLVED

Edited by neighbor