Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Sign in to follow this  
XC-3730C

Reading/Extracting an Unlocked XBox Hdd On a Pc?

I have two 2TB drives that are both unlocked (I use them on my TSOP Xbox). Is there a Windows application that can read the drives, and extract files/folders from them? I prefer to be able to extract files/folders, but if I have to, I would consider a backup file, as long as a backup can be extractable.

I tried Party Buffalo, but it doesn't see my Xbox HDD that is attached to my USB 3.0 HDD dock. I am considering making a .img fe with HDD RAW Copy, but can the resulting .img file be opened/files and folders extracted?

I believe Explorer360 can work with the hard drive. No idea what version, whether it needs to be the latest version, or an older version sorry.

xplorer360 wont work because even the extreme2 version has a limit on what size hdd can be read I believe. Can try Horizon or Velocity-master. If you are hotswapping though its very hard to know what is the issue with the drive not showing up.

From what I recall, XboxHDM has a filemanager, MC - Midnight Commander, that when in Linux you can access the FATX mounted drive contents.  It allows you to copy files to/from the PC's FAT32 (possibly NTFS) mounted drive(s) and the Xbox's FATX format HDD..

Edited by KaosEngineer

14 hours ago, XC-3730C said:

I couldn't get XboxHDM USB version to recognize my Xbox HDD. I am using Windows 10.

Does it show that it's connected?  Menu #1

Is it unlocked? Check with menu #5.

What USB adapter are you using?

In a command prompt window, list the disk drives Windows 10 recognizes using the following wmic command:

- wmic diskdrive get model, interfacetype

What's it list under the InterfaceType column for the Xbox HDD: SCSI, IDE, or USB? 

The stock XboxHDM23USB configuration requires it to be connected as a USB device. I think some docks connect via a SCSI device driver instead of as a USB attached device.

Edited by KaosEngineer

I now have a new issue where one of my 2TB drives says the F and G partition are 0mb on my TSOP flashed v1.0 Xbox...

8 hours ago, XC-3730C said:

I now have a new issue where one of my 2TB drives says the F and G partition are 0mb on my TSOP flashed v1.0 Xbox...

The BIOS must have a different LBA48 configuration than originally used to format it.

Does this 2TB HDD have the partition table written to it by XBPartitioner v1.3?

Which BIOS are you using?

Edited by KaosEngineer

I tried Xecuter 2 BIOS, and EvoX BIOS. I haven't tried IND BIOS (I am using HeXEn disc from 2016). I got this 2TB drive from someone else, so I don't know how it was prepared.

Maybe I will try that drive on my v1.4 Xbox - I have had good success with that.

make sure your dashboards config has F and G enabled. Mainly UnleashX. If that doesnt work you may have to use chimp to "enable extended partitions"