Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Sign in to follow this  
immaburrama

Error 13 After Cloning To 2tb Drive With Chimp

Softmodded Xbox running Unleash X - 160gb HD (Unsure of model but can retrieve if needed.) 

Using Startech IDE2SAT2 Converter for cloning process set on Slave

2TB WD Blue Drive WD20EZRZ

Once this is cloned successfully I planned on using the Kingwin Model ADP-06 

I have swapped IDE cables to the converted sata drive with the Startech Adapter and loaded into Chimp successfully

Don't care about games but would like to get saves if possible (The drive is also failing)

In Chimp I am cloning out C and E partitions and then selecting "G Occupys Space Beyond 137GB" (New to this so not sure if this is the right option to use.)

It completes it's process and I power down the system.  But am getting an Error 13 when I plug up the hard drive into the master IDE port with both the startech set as "Master" and the Kingpin on both dip switch settings

Am I missing something in this process?  Do I need to update my dashboard on my original xbox to make chimp compatible? 

Ugh.. noob mistake.. my bad.  

Would it be best to do another clone once I upgrade the IDE cable to the new one?

Love how easy this process is btw.. once I read all the fine details xD

I think when cloning with Chimp 261812 by hotswapping the DVD connector to the SATA adapter (set to SLAVE)/HDD combo the data transfer rate is still that set by the DVD drive (33MB/s) during boot up.  Once you connect either brand/model of SATA adapter (set to MASTER) with the SATA HDD attached, the transfer rate negotiated is faster (100MB/s); thus, an 80-wire 40-pin Ultra ATA cable is required.  Again, that's only a guess as to what's happening, it has not been confirmed.

Edited by KaosEngineer

18 hours ago, immaburrama said:

I wasn't using the right IDE cable.  Once I used a 80 wire IDE cable I was able to get it working on the new drive.

Yeah, the IDE-to-SATA adapter's negotiated transfer rate seems to create havoc with correctly accessing data from the HDD without an 80-wire 40-pin IDE cable.  The stock cable just can't handle the higher data transfer rate.

On 27/10/2018 at 7:10 PM, Rocky5 said:

80 wire IDE cable is required for sata adaptors or you will get error7 or 13.

Is it the same cable used in a pc to hook up the optic disc burner? Im thiking about putting a sata HD from an old PC I have.

12 hours ago, evertonstz said:

Is it the same cable used in a pc to hook up the optic disc burner? Im thiking about putting a sata HD from an old PC I have.

Yes, get a 24-inch long Ultra ATA cable instead of the standard 18-inch length.  It will be a lot easier to install.