Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Sign in to follow this  
cOrPsE

Modding XBox With Only Ide Pc?

So I was wondering if this was possible. I remember MANY years ago when I was a kid fucking up my xbox dash and fixing it by transferring a softmodded E/C by Xplorer360. Would this work on a virgin xbox? To be clear: hotswap virgin xbox hdd to PC, open in xplorer 360, transplant softmodded C/E, boot xbox (should boot into unleashx). I swear I remember doing this to an xbox with a broken disk drive too. Does anyone know for a fact? It seems 10x easier than Ndure and shit. Also if anyone has  a tutorial for modding an xbox with only IDE PC please let me know. thanks

also if someone could upload their softmodded E/C from a PAL xbox or if it doesnt matter either. excluding emulators/games etc etc of course

Edited by cOrPsE

The hard drive would need to be unlocked for you to browse it through xplorer360.

If you borked your dash files, than the only way you could do this would be to try and hotswap it during bootup while it's in the process of loading your error screen (timing is everything here).

Otherwise you would need to build a serial ttl eeprom probe to dump your eeprom and use tools on the PC to read that you dumped it correctly. Then use that dump to rebuild with XBOXHDM or Xplorer360.

Edited by dbrown1986

You could use the files from Please login or register to see this link. in XboxHDM v1.9 or 2.2a (sourceforge.net project xboxhdm2 files) to install a no-original-game-disk-required Xbox Softmodding Tool installer to the C drive/partition.

The USB version runs under Windows and accesses HDDs connected via USB  to the PC, not a native IDE port.  Older versions v1.9 or 2.2a use the native IDE port for connection of the Xbox HDD to a PC.  

If you hot-swap connect the Xbox's unlocked HDD via the PC's IDE interface, use one of the older versions of XboxHDM or Xplorer 360 to replace the files on the Xbox's C drive with the files found in XboxHDM23USB Beta 3's HDD_files\C folder.  Install the HDD in the Xbox and power on. Next, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation of the softmod.

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

You could use the files from Please login or register to see this link. in XboxHDM v1.9 or 2.2a (sourceforge.net project xboxhdm2 files) to install a no-original-game-disk-required Xbox Softmodding Tool installer to the C drive/partition.

The USB version runs under Windows and accesses HDDs connected via USB  to the PC, not a native IDE port.  Older versions v1.9 or 2.2a use the native IDE port for connection of the Xbox HDD to a PC.  

If you hot-swap connect the Xbox's unlocked HDD via the PC's IDE interface, use one of the older versions of XboxHDM or Xplorer 360 to replace the files on the Xbox's C drive with the files found in XboxHDM23USB Beta 3's HDD_files\C folder.  Install the HDD in the Xbox and power on. Next, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation of the softmod.

Nice! it worked! i figured it would. I really like this method of putting that installer on C! Very easy and requires noothing but an IDE PC.

• Like 1