OGXbox.com

Really Late To the Party

Talltwat

Hi. Old geezer here just getting into this stuff.

I was given an old xbox with a copy of The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. and I just ignored it for five years. I recently stumbled across all this stuff about soft modding and TSOP so here I am, with a TSOP flashed and softmodded 1.4 XBOX with a 500GB hard drive and a handful of games.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Talltwat said:

Hi. Old geezer here just getting into this stuff.

I was given an old xbox with a copy of The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. and I just ignored it for five years. I recently stumbled across all this stuff about soft modding and TSOP so here I am, with a TSOP flashed and softmodded 1.4 XBOX with a 500GB hard drive and a handful of games.

welcome to the party Talltwat!

plenty of time to stay and chat i hope. this party is still rocking!!! Lets here more about that TSOP., great guide here

8 hours ago, Forlorn Penguin said:

I'm assuming you mean it's just TSOP flashed? Because it can't be both flashed and softmodded, as the two mods can't coexist.

Either way, since the Xbox is a 1.4, you need to remove the clock capacitor if you haven't yet. Leaving it in will kill the Xbox.

image.png.17fc65687664bf263a61e0b6103bc5d7.png

DONT WEAR THIS IF YOUR OLDER THAN 1.6

Welcome. I'm new to the site also but been involved with Xboxes and all other consoles most of my life. There are some real gems in the Xbox game library, so have fun exploring. I have a soft spot for the Xbox as I chose to buy it instead of the PS2 when it came out and have many good memories, and some of the Xbox exclusives can't be beat. If you like racing games, check out Test Drive: Eve of Destruction. Still my favorite racing/demolition derby game to date.