OGXbox.com

Emulators In XBmc4gamers

zoeiscute

Is there any documentation on how to set up emaulators in XBMC4Gamers? I have XBOX games showing nicely (although they are on F; and the main loader says they are on E:, it works, so I'm gonna leave it) but I cannot for the life of me figure out how emulators are meant to work. I have 2 installed under F:\Emulators and XBMC does pick them up, but when I select one of them it just launches the emulator rather than showing a list of games to choose form like others have shown in videos. How do you set that functionality up?

Edited by zoeiscute

Hmm, perhaps I am! I tried XBMC-Emustation and really liked it, I preferred the look of XBMC4Gamers though and thought it might act the same.

I still have an problem with paths though, even when I launch the emulator from the dash, no roms show up, so I have them in the wrong place, any tips on where to put them?

XBMC-Emustation's downloader has a downloadable skin that makes it look more like XBMC4Gamers.

If you're using emulators the old-school way, the emulator's root folder should come with a folder called "roms" or something like that and the ROMs need to be placed in there.

For XBMC-Emustation though, they go in Q:\.emustation\roms\*system name* or wherever else you set them up to be if you choose to customize the path.

• Like 2

Thanks very much, I appreciate the help!

One more off topic question if you don't mind eductating me a bit, the Q drive has me baffled. I modded my Xbox about 12 years ago and haven't touched it for years until the other day when I stumbled across the posts about clock caps and figure I had better check on it. Back then, I had C, D, E & F drives. Now I have installed XBMC4Gamers & XBMC-Emustation, the Q drive has appeared which claims to be the same size as F. Is it a dynamic link to F: of some sort that Rocky's scripts use?

2 hours ago, Forlorn Penguin said:

I don't know why. I also don't know why XBMC doesn't let you see the X, Y or Z partitions.

Decisions made to during development of XBMC.  Q: will always be a fixed drive letter to access folders needed to run the default.xbe file of XBMC. WHY?

Also. X, Y, and Z were MS cache drives. the devs decided a user should not touch; thus, they are hidden. This default behavior can be changed by editing the configuration file(s).  I seem to recall separate settings for the file manager and FTP server.

Q is always the root folder of the XBMC installation, it’s that was as it’s easier for the end user to install stuff.

also script can be hard coded to Q and it doesn’t matter where you install XBMC.

X, Y & Z are hidden as the end user never needs to enter these partitions. There is zero need for anyone to have access to these partitions.

type the partition letter into the remote site bar and you can still access them, they are just hidden from the root tree. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I apologize but I have XBMC4GAMERS on an Original XBOX. I tried to message Rocky5 directly but maybe my membership level doesn't all messages? The 6yr old managed to accidentally erase the original profile so now after boot up it goes to profiles. I created a new profile and loaded it but no luck. Boot up straight to profiles. If anyone can please help my email is [email protected]. I have PayPal and would gladly compensate anyone that can help. He really like it and was just starting to get into it. Thanks to anyone that can be of assistance. I got a 32 on my ACT but have absolutely no computer skills whatsoever so I'm basically worthless.