OGXbox.com

Modchip Installed, Now What Next

BloodbathG

hi,

i have got my xbit 1.5 to work after 5 days messing with it :) i have loaded the iND-BiOS.Beta.Feb-11-05.67.bin (256k) and when i start the xbox i see a screen saying ind bios. but then it load to the standart dashboard with no new options. do i need now a hexen dvd and make a softmod to unlock everything? i thought when you dissable the modchip the xbox will start up in stock config, but when i softmod it this will still be active.

what should i do next after booting the new bios: make a softmod or get another dashboard? i think it goes only like this: softmod and then the installation of a dashboard.

thanks for your advice

• 2 weeks later...
hi,
i have got my xbit 1.5 to work after 5 days messing with it [emoji4] i have loaded the iND-BiOS.Beta.Feb-11-05.67.bin (256k) and when i start the xbox i see a screen saying ind bios. but then it load to the standart dashboard with no new options. do i need now a hexen dvd and make a softmod to unlock everything? i thought when you dissable the modchip the xbox will start up in stock config, but when i softmod it this will still be active.

what should i do next after booting the new bios: make a softmod or get another dashboard? i think it goes only like this: softmod and then the installation of a dashboard.
thanks for your advice
How did you flash the xbit? I've got an old Xbox I modded in the early 2000s that I used a win 98 pc to flash with USB. Still have the chip, don't have an old pc. We're you able to flash the chip with hexen?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You can flash TSOPs or modchips with HeXEn, yes. Or better yet, XBlast OS.
I tried earlier with the xbit modchip and hexen 2018 and got an error. Can't recall the error now but it failed. The xbit modchip has six banks for various sized bios'. I'm assuming you keep that bank selected to flash it but no such luck. First time around nearly a decade and a half ago I only flashed only one bank but I need a bigger bios for a bigger harddrive.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

it only worked with an old win98 pc and the 1.5 software i had to add msvbvm60.dll and comdlg32.ocx. win 10 and xp didnt work to flash it.

On 14.10.2018 at 4:49 AM, Kekule said:

step 4) profit :)

why do i need a profil?

i am corrently working on cyrix pc, i think i have screwed up something because when i dissable the modchip the console frags. but will get this fixed sooner or later ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...