OGXbox.com

Hi no usb im softmodding without a game or usb i hotswaped the xbox drive and then opened computer management it detected the xbox drive but said unknown then i downloaded and opened xplorer360 but it didnt find the partitions or a drive says cannot find fatx drive so im stuck at that spot i did everything right had the xbox come up with a error 12 before i hotswaped so i dont know what to do somebody please help

26 minutes ago, go4bass said:

Hi no usb im softmodding without a game or usb i hotswaped the xbox drive and then opened computer management it detected the xbox drive but said unknown then i downloaded and opened xplorer360 but it didnt find the partitions or a drive says cannot find fatx drive so im stuck at that spot i did everything right had the xbox come up with a error 12 before i hotswaped so i dont know what to do somebody please help

Try using XboxHDM 2.2a or XboxHDM23USB Beta 2 or Beta 3 versions (HDD connected to PC via a USB to HDD interface adapter).

XboxHDM23USB Beta 2 vs Beta 3

Beta 2, at a minimum, needs the MSDashboard files added to the hdm\C folder.

Beta 3 is preconfigured to install a no-original-game-disc-required installer of Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 2:00 AM, go4bass said:

thanks for the info im still trying to figure it out how do i use the beta 2 do i unzip it to a usb and with the harddrive connected to the pc run the app in the usb im not familar with it

The XboxHDM23USB's USB portion means the HDD for the Xbox is connected to the PC via a USB-to-HDD interface adapter be it IDE, SATA or a combination adapter with external power supply for 3.5" drives.

The software runs from Windows (including version 10). You run the batch file, xboxhd.bat.  Remember to copy the eeprom.bin backup to the same folder where the batch file is located before starting the application.

To build a new drive with the Beta 2 version, you need to add files for the MS dashboard - Clean C and E files for Xbox.7z (D: 1.00.5960.01).  Copy the Clean C and E files for Xbox's C subfolder content to XboxHDM23USB's hdm\C subfolder.

After completing the steps to build the new HDD by selecting Launch xboxhdm in the main menu and returning to it, lock the HDD before exiting XboxHDM23USB. Next, install the new HDD into the Xbox.  You are ready to softmod.

But, why use Beta 2 when Beta 3 will setup the new HDD with a no-original-game-disc-required softmod installer.

Add no files to Beta 3's HDD_files\C subfolder - yes, it uses a different folder than Beta 2 - and follow the steps of Beta 2 to build the HDD.  After locking the drive, install it in the Xbox to boot to the softmod installer.  Follow the onscreen instructions to complete its installation.

Edited by KaosEngineer

ok thats the problem when i hotswap my xbox drive it is detected in the computer managment as unknown so how do i copy the eprom when i cant even open the drive to see the partitions to copy them and thank you for being patient with me im new to programing and just no a few basics ok so i hotswap thje xbox drive to my pc and its conected by ide interface then run the bat file from my windows which is windows 7 if that makes any difference it says copy the eprom before running the program thats where im kinda confused if its if its unknow drive in my computer management windows wont let me do anything to it 

Does it show a list of hard drives to unlock.  If not, then the PC is not recognizing that an HD is connected.  The XboxHDM23USB software REQUIRES the HDD to be connected to the PC via a USB-to-HDD adapter.

Beta 2 does not install the softmod game saves (one save for the game disc you have and another which includes the softmod package itself).

You have to have the eeprom.bin backup to unlock the HDD or hotswap an already Xbox unlocked HDD to the PC adapter.  I'm thinking that some USB-to-HDD adapters reset the HDD when attaching it.  Thus, the HDD relocks.

Use the menu option #5, Check Lock Status,  to verify that the HDD is unlocked.  Menu item #1, List drives connected, to make sure the application sees the Xbox HDD.

Edited by KaosEngineer

1 hour ago, go4bass said:

another question if the harddrive is locked still after the hotswap will the program still run and will it unlock the harddrive

The program will start but it cannot read/write data from/to the HDD until it is unlocked.

Without the eeprom.bin file, the lock and unlock options will not perform their desired function.   These options cannot compute the lock/unlock password to send to the HDD.

The unlock function in XboxHDM23USB is temporary.  It does not remove the password like ConfigMagic 1.6-FINAL or Rocky5's v1.6.1 updated release. Once the HDD resets or is power cycled, the HDD will be locked.  

Edited by KaosEngineer

so my xbox drive has to be pluged in by the usb port see ive got it pluged in by the ide cable where do i get a usb to harddrive adapter never seen one of them and its not reconizing the harddrive cause i enter number one to list the drives and it just gives the 30 second count down and back to the menu it goes

7 hours ago, go4bass said:

so whjy does it reconize the drive in the computer management but not the xboxhdm23usb program

XboxHDM23USB only looks for HDDs connected via a USB-to-HDD interface adapter. HDD interface either IDE, SATA or a combo with both interface types available.

Edited by KaosEngineer

7 hours ago, go4bass said:

so my xbox drive has to be pluged in by the usb port see ive got it pluged in by the ide cable where do i get a usb to harddrive adapter never seen one of them and its not reconizing the harddrive cause i enter number one to list the drives and it just gives the 30 second count down and back to the menu it goes

If the drive is connected via a PC's IDE interface, use either XboxHDM v1.9 or v2.2a.

ok now i understand ill try xboxhdm v1.9 and v2.2a but i think ive already tryed the v1.9 but ill try again and let you know what happens if i could find someone that would loan me a splinter cell i would mod it that way ive also modded the case ill post some pics when its done thank you for all the help ive also have a ps2 fat do you know anything about them the power button and ribbon cable is bad so im trying to get it to turn on any other way possible the slim lines are easy to bypass the power button but i cant find much on the ps2  fats