Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Hey all I have a 2tb hdd to install in my xbox which is chipped with an aladdin modchip. I have a copy of the hexen 2018 disk but am not sure which bios to flash to it. If anyone could point me in the right direction id really appreciate it.

Thanks

iND-BiOS and EvoX M8+ are both good. The former is not compatible with 1.6 Xboxes though.

Both will accomplish more or less the same thing. The differences are that iND-BiOS supports 128MB RAM, can be reconfigured via a file on the HDD (C:\ind-bios.cfg), has a slower bootup due to it needing to access said file in order to render the boot animation and load a dashboard, supports a glorious 480p boot animation if you have component cables and every bootup has a random camera angle for the animation. EvoX M8+ does not have any of that, but boots faster because the configuration is saved within the BIOS directly, which also means that if you ever want to edit it, you have to reconfigure the BIOS and reflash with the new configuration.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By BloodbathG
      hi,
      i have got my xbit 1.5 to work after 5 days messing with it i have loaded the iND-BiOS.Beta.Feb-11-05.67.bin (256k) and when i start the xbox i see a screen saying ind bios. but then it load to the standart dashboard with no new options. do i need now a hexen dvd and make a softmod to unlock everything? i thought when you dissable the modchip the xbox will start up in stock config, but when i softmod it this will still be active.

what should i do next after booting the new bios: make a softmod or get another dashboard? i think it goes only like this: softmod and then the installation of a dashboard.
      thanks for your advice
    • By neighbor
      Hello World
      Let's discuss about Linux on Xbox Original, and what is it good for? I've read people use it to browse the internet and even watch Youtube throught a special distributive of Mozilla. Can anyone confirm launching Linux ports of Windows games on XDSL, and which ones? Counter Strike port for Linux would be awesome, never tried that, but found a port of 1.4 or 1.5 on the web. Maybe anyone kept a website on Xbox, by using it as server?
      What I was most impressed of, is the posibility of running a cluster of Xbox-es, tried that few years ago, but the update links for that distro were all dead, hope somebody has an image of a Linux distributive with everything set up or maybe can point on how to fully install everything in 2018. Do I understand correctly. that the cluster's power is all node's powers summarized, for example as the picture shows , is 12 x 733 mhz = 8796mhz?
      Please login or register to see this link.

• By maethorechannen
      I'm in the middle of a small project to repair a spares or repair Duke and I'm thinking of converting it over to a USB connection (as one of the problems is a frayed cable) and everything I've read says that I don't need the red wire that's in the original cable. Obviously you couldn't get it to work with USB if you did, but I'm curious as to what it's used for if I don't need it. So far I've seen it called "Video Sync", +12V and VCC, but that doesn't tell me why it's there. Except maybe for "Video Sync", but why would a controller need video sync?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.