OGXbox.com

Is This Harddrive Compatible?

Redherring32

So I picked up 4 500gb Western digital wd5000luct sata hard drives and I want to put one in my Xbox, But I can't find any info on whether or not they are compatible...

Thanks in advance for any help!

If your Xbox is chipped or TSOP'd, that will damn near guarantee it should work in your Xbox. I would also reccomend an 80-pin IDE cable, especially if your drives are SATA + a SATA to IDE adapter.

I have had a 500gb, 1TB, and 2TB of various brands work in multiple Xbox revisions with an 80-pin IDE adapter + SATA to IDE adapter.

Thanks I am prepared to tsop, I was just hoping not to, (because I'm doing 2 xboxs.)

Also they are laptop drives, should I get a adapter to get it to mount properly?

Unless you are comfortable taping it down into the HDD caddy, I am sure you can get a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter. I have always used 3.5" drives since they are generally cheaper, and it is easier to find a 7200rpm drive in the 3.5" form than one in the 2.5" form.