Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Sign in to follow this  
jhark

Slim Mod In Progress

My current project is this slim xbox.

-No DVD
128Mb Ram Upgrade
-2Tb Hybrid SSD Drive
-Low Profile Laptop CPU cooler
-Xbox A/V output removed internal HDMI out added
-Custom Bios
-Integrated wireless controller support
-Arduino Controlled LED lit Jewel and ports
-Power supply upgrade (now runs on a 12v adapter)

OG1.jpg

• Like 1

Its a 24pin ITX power supply off eBay with an 20pin cable attached. 12VDC in and ATX standard out. I may have to move a couple of wires around to match the xbox pinout.

DSC_1520-800.jpg

DSC_1521-800.jpg

• Like 2

Output Current +12V: 8A Max Load(15A Peak Load)  

Output Current +5V:   8A Max Load(10A Peak Load)  

Output Current +3.3V: 8A Max Load(10A Peak Load)  

That's a really well set up slim mod.  I'm curious about the confederate flag motif but maybe it's none of my business. Feel free to explain though

jhark, what wireless controllers are you using for this system?

is the Hard Drive a 2.5" size?
would like to see how it looks inside, very captivating.

Edited by neighbor

20 hours ago, 306XBOX said:

That's a really well set up slim mod.  I'm curious about the confederate flag motif but maybe it's none of my business. Feel free to explain though

No explanation needed or should be given. It is not inherently racist even though MANY people try to make it that way these days. Leave it alone. Don't inject racism where there is none. 

• Thanks 1

any pics of progress?

my commentary on the paint job is: "i found you some cover art, please see below" .... I could probably ship you a dickie betts action figure if you promise to glue it to the top.

cabellas dangerous hunt.jpg

nascar 07.jpg

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Dixie Normous said:

No explanation needed or should be given. It is not inherently racist even though MANY people try to make it that way these days. Leave it alone. Don't inject racism where there is none. 

As a Canadian I don't know what it means anymore so I was curious what OP's thoughts were.  My only interaction with the flag has been on the Dukes of Hazzard growing up.  And the fact that he's from MI didn't make much sense as to why he'd be flying the flag.  It's a really well-done paint job and flows great with the lines of the top of the console.  I was mildly curious as to why he chose it and thought I'd ask.  But yeah no worries. 

I just wanted to explain myself so people don't think i was egging him on to expose a big thing.  That's not how I roll and I don't want you chaps thinking i'm a shit-disturber.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 10:38 AM, 306XBOX said:

As a Canadian I don't know what it means anymore so I was curious what OP's thoughts were.  My only interaction with the flag has been on the Dukes of Hazzard growing up.  And the fact that he's from MI didn't make much sense as to why he'd be flying the flag.  It's a really well-done paint job and flows great with the lines of the top of the console.  I was mildly curious as to why he chose it and thought I'd ask.  But yeah no worries. 

I just wanted to explain myself so people don't think i was egging him on to expose a big thing.  That's not how I roll and I don't want you chaps thinking i'm a shit-disturber.

I'll admit that when I first saw your post that I immediately thought "Great, now we've got SJW's coming for the mod scene,", thank you for the clarification on your original comment.and restoring my faith in the scene.

• Thanks 1