Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.
I was wondering if anyone has had any luck mixing a debug bios with a Focus based motherboard. I tried recently doing a retail to debug xbox conversion and the unit that I tried it on has the Focus video encoder and I ran into video issues as soon as I used PBL to switch to a debug bios. I have tried with both the complex 4627 BFM and also with the 5388 stock one that comes with the dev files and they produced the same result, scrambled video.. I have tried this with an xbox that has the Conexant video encoder and it seems to work though unfortunately due to some screw ups with some DVD drive testing, I have fried the DVD control/power from the PIC meaning I have to power the drive from another xbox for it to work (leave it for another topic as to what I was doing). Anyways , I was wondering if anyone knows of any workarounds for getting the debug bios to work on the Focus video encoder. I have a feeling since there arent any since all debug units to my knowledge had the Conexant video encoder, but nonetheless worth a try.
Sorry if this is a total noob question but I couldn't find any info when I searched,
Looking through various HDMI mods and converter threads I see peoples video options on the MS dash having settings for 480p, 720p and 1080i but when I look in my video options they aren't there. I only have Screen size - Normal, Widescreen etc. and PAL 60 on/off. I assumed this was because I had to connect to my TV via a Scart cable as that's all I have on both my consoles.
I've just received a Pound HD-Link cable and hooked it up but I still don't have these options available. I've looked on both my TSOP'd 1.3 and my currently stock 1.6 and neither of them seem to have these options. Changing the options in the system of the TSOP kit doesn't seem to make any difference either. Am I just being blind and missing something obvious;?
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in repair, but since it happened during a TSOP mod I though I'd try here first. Picked up a 1.4 version at a Salvation Army today, green model worked great but filthy inside. Cleaned it up, removed clock capacitor and did the two TSOP points. Reassembled and before I even load into Hexen my video signal has lines going across the screen. After messing around I find that the problem is only with component output (hd output) and standard def av works fine. Thing is, component worked fine before I disassembled so I'm convinced the problem must have been caused by something I did - but all I did was pull the clock cap and do the 2 tsop points... Tried another component cable.. same result. Tried another tv, got a glitched looking display or 'mode not supported'. I'm convinced it's now outputting some garbled attempt at an hd signal that neither of my tvs can process correctly. Have 2 other xboxes and both display hd perfect with the same cables and tvs. I guess I can just sell it with some standard cables but losing the hd kinda kills the awesomeness so I'd really like to fix this if possible. This is like the second weird obscure xbox mystery for me in like a week, sheesh:)