Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

mikeaton

Open Source Modchip

Ive been working on an open source legal modchip project, here's a pic of my first one. Yes the soldering is rough (thats being nice) but its basically an Aladdin open source clone with XBlast

mod1.jpg

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By my80chevette
      I'm attempting to help someone with their original Xbox that refuses to boot. His family pulled it from storage around Thanksgiving and it powered on but gave error message. Initially I recommend just finding another working unit but this one holds special sentimental value. Turns out belonged to his oldest son who passed away from a brain tumor at 14. Got this as a part of his Make a Wish gift at 12 and played it constantly. So I've done softmod on Xbox, Wiis, and PS3 but never tried a modchip but was thinking that it might be a way to get this thing back up and running. Can this be done or any other ideas? I tore the system down, pulled the leaky clock capacitor, cleaned the board, checked all connections and reassembled but no go. Could use any help with this. Thanks!
    • By IPTDF00
         I have 5 boxes, two 1.4 rest 1.0-1.1. and during my families quarterly big amazon order "Of Savings" I ordered a few aladdin chips at 3.99 each. At this point i have done more than a few tsop and general softmods. I have Zero fear when it comes to physical installs of components (minus ram. I dont have a hot air station yet.). So is there any benefit to installing the aladdin chip to any of my non 1.6 systems? Even if the benefit is small i am interested as my truer passion with all of this is to create the ultimate best of the best systems.
    • By BloodbathG
      hi,
      i have got my xbit 1.5 to work after 5 days messing with it i have loaded the iND-BiOS.Beta.Feb-11-05.67.bin (256k) and when i start the xbox i see a screen saying ind bios. but then it load to the standart dashboard with no new options. do i need now a hexen dvd and make a softmod to unlock everything? i thought when you dissable the modchip the xbox will start up in stock config, but when i softmod it this will still be active.

what should i do next after booting the new bios: make a softmod or get another dashboard? i think it goes only like this: softmod and then the installation of a dashboard.
      thanks for your advice

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.