Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Hazeno

Clone X2 Chips ( 1 Maybe Real ) - Flashing Problems

Ok guys I've spoke to chaos engineer about this on Reddit a few times now and he guided me the easiest way to fix but it's now troubling me as to WHY it's occuring as it's never before now?

Chip 1 and 2 Ones a 2.3b Lite With markings the other is a 2.3b Without ANY markings. 'Will update with Pics later'. 

Now I can make a 1mb BIOS with x2 5035 and M8Plus and switch between the 2 using the PCBs fine. But when hexen / skaters flashes it only creates 1 BIOS across both banks  my guess here is hexen is creating a 1mb and flashing all 4 banks? I've done everything a normal install would do. 

Boot on bank 1 - Flash Bank 1 with Bios A.

BOOT on bank 1 - Switch while on rhen flash bank 2 with BIOS B..

BOOT on bank 1 - Flash with BIOS A

Boot on Bank 2 - Flash with BIOS B 

Each of these methods BOTH leaves whatever was the last bios flashed as the bios on both banks. Bear in mind the switches work FINE IF I make my own bios and flash within EVOX. 

Also Ind Bios no matter which struggles with these chips with stuttering which can't be changed or helped even with config changes. 

Yet M8Plus boots so fast it's actually shocking. Especially since both are SATA with 2TB hdd's. One using Startechs adapter one using a VBEXY? and yes I've switched adapters. I've switched 80 pin IDE cables. (ASUS one required 0 mods actually happy even though it's only 18 inches. 

What's the best course of action. Flash x2 5035 and M8 Plus 67 manually and leave? Both need f:127 g: Enabled IIRC. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By Franku69
      Hey everyone! So I have a 1.1 xbox and I know that some of the motherboards are different and you may need to soughter different points as a result of that. Can anyone send me details on how the different boards look and what are the proper points to soughter? Help would be appreciated!
    • By immaburrama
      Softmodded Xbox running Unleash X - 160gb HD (Unsure of model but can retrieve if needed.) 
      Using Startech IDE2SAT2 Converter for cloning process set on Slave
      2TB WD Blue Drive WD20EZRZ
      Once this is cloned successfully I planned on using the Kingwin Model ADP-06 

I have swapped IDE cables to the converted sata drive with the Startech Adapter and loaded into Chimp successfully
      Don't care about games but would like to get saves if possible (The drive is also failing)
      In Chimp I am cloning out C and E partitions and then selecting "G Occupys Space Beyond 137GB" (New to this so not sure if this is the right option to use.)
      It completes it's process and I power down the system.  But am getting an Error 13 when I plug up the hard drive into the master IDE port with both the startech set as "Master" and the Kingpin on both dip switch settings

Am I missing something in this process?  Do I need to update my dashboard on my original xbox to make chimp compatible? 
    • By dayv25
      I am using a generic IDE to SATA( I have had it forever- cant find any identifiers) & a WD black 2tb. I am getting super slow boot times & random partition corruptions. I have followed the tutorials as far a using xbpart 1.0 to make a 230mb partition, then 1.1 to make it 927.78 w 64k clusters. I feel that I am doing it all right, but G never shows up & F is never the right size in other apps (eolution x - unleash x - XBMC) Also sometimes C or E will just end up 0mb after a reboot. Just gone. I am also getting super slow boot times & am running Yoshihiro-m8-1.6B-Memory-Fixe-Beta4.bin for a bios flashed into the main bank. Any Ideas?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.