Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

minefura

Are Chinese Mod Chips Worth Buying?

Hi

I am new to the scene but would like to install a mod chip. I feel its with in my capability to do.

So my question is i can only seem to find clone Chinese Aladdin chips are they worth buy or a false economy?

I cant seem to find the real deals just what i can only imagine are clones as they sell for £4 to the Uk.

THANKS

I too have seen these up on evilBay and was thinkng of just getting one for every 1.6 board I have yet to mod, as they are the only boards that I cant mod, and chips are getting hard to find.

Anyone know if they actually work on 1.6's?

Edited by big F

What other clones other than Alladin clones are there that are readily available? Are there any clones that support LCD screens?

4 hours ago, big F said:

chips are getting hard to find.

Anyone know if they actually work on 1.6's?

The Aladdin chips are not hard to find at all, and yes they work with every Xbox revision.

• Like 1

Oh no I meant my usual route of an executor or such, it seems the Aladin chip are pretty much the only chips to find, unless you want to pay a heavy nostagia tax on eBay.

Anyhow bought some last night so will post here to advise how it goes etc.

On 7/18/2018 at 1:24 PM, XC-3730C said:

What other clones other than Alladin clones are there that are readily available? Are there any clones that support LCD screens?

i can attest to the fact they work with 1.6 xboxes as i recently as in over this past weekend wired one up, i will say its best to flash a newer bios using the 2018 hexen disc so you can use a 1tb or 2tb hard drive and it will ask you if you want a f and g drive which i think is for a 2tb drive or just the f drive if like me only need a 1tb drive

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By TinkerMods
      I've actually seen a few people talking about this all ready here and on facebook but just wanted to share it for those who haven't. A full tutorial on how to install a custom LCD screen in your original Xbox (NON-X3) that has a temperature monitor so you can constantly see what temp your console is running at to help prolong the lifespan and keep things cool! You can see it on my website by clicking the link below:
      Please login or register to see this link.
    • By Hazeno
      Ok guys I've spoke to chaos engineer about this on Reddit a few times now and he guided me the easiest way to fix but it's now troubling me as to WHY it's occuring as it's never before now?
      Chip 1 and 2 Ones a 2.3b Lite With markings the other is a 2.3b Without ANY markings. 'Will update with Pics later'. 
      Now I can make a 1mb BIOS with x2 5035 and M8Plus and switch between the 2 using the PCBs fine. But when hexen / skaters flashes it only creates 1 BIOS across both banks  my guess here is hexen is creating a 1mb and flashing all 4 banks? I've done everything a normal install would do. 
      Boot on bank 1 - Flash Bank 1 with Bios A.
      BOOT on bank 1 - Switch while on rhen flash bank 2 with BIOS B..

BOOT on bank 1 - Flash with BIOS A
      Boot on Bank 2 - Flash with BIOS B 

Each of these methods BOTH leaves whatever was the last bios flashed as the bios on both banks. Bear in mind the switches work FINE IF I make my own bios and flash within EVOX. 

Also Ind Bios no matter which struggles with these chips with stuttering which can't be changed or helped even with config changes. 

Yet M8Plus boots so fast it's actually shocking. Especially since both are SATA with 2TB hdd's. One using Startechs adapter one using a VBEXY? and yes I've switched adapters. I've switched 80 pin IDE cables. (ASUS one required 0 mods actually happy even though it's only 18 inches. 

What's the best course of action. Flash x2 5035 and M8 Plus 67 manually and leave? Both need f:127 g: Enabled IIRC. 
    • By Hazeno
      Ok guys I've spoke to chaos engineer about this on Reddit a few times now and he guided me the easiest way to fix but it's now troubling me as to WHY it's occuring as it's never before now?
      Chip 1 and 2 Ones a 2.3b Lite With markings the other is a 2.3b Without ANY markings. 'Will update with Pics later'. 
      Now I can make a 1mb BIOS with x2 5035 and M8Plus and switch between the 2 using the PCBs fine. But when hexen / skaters flashes it only creates 1 BIOS across both banks  my guess here is hexen is creating a 1mb and flashing all 4 banks? I've done everything a normal install would do. 
      Boot on bank 1 - Flash Bank 1 with Bios A.
      BOOT on bank 1 - Switch while on rhen flash bank 2 with BIOS B..

BOOT on bank 1 - Flash with BIOS A
      Boot on Bank 2 - Flash with BIOS B 

Each of these methods BOTH leaves whatever was the last bios flashed as the bios on both banks. Bear in mind the switches work FINE IF I make my own bios and flash within EVOX. 

Also Ind Bios no matter which struggles with these chips with stuttering which can't be changed or helped even with config changes. 

Yet M8Plus boots so fast it's actually shocking. Especially since both are SATA with 2TB hdd's. One using Startechs adapter one using a VBEXY? and yes I've switched adapters. I've switched 80 pin IDE cables. (ASUS one required 0 mods actually happy even though it's only 18 inches. 

What's the best course of action. Flash x2 5035 and M8 Plus 67 manually and leave? Both need f:127 g: Enabled IIRC. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.