OGXbox.com

Unleashx and Hdd Space

hey everyone i did a search and couldnt find what i was looking for, but i have a chipped 1.4 xbox and just upgraded the hdd to a 1tb sata and my F drive is supposed to show whatever its supposed to show i cant remember the number right now maybe 900gigs or something, anyway unleashx only shows 123mb for F and yes i did combine the F and the one below it to make it the biggest and it shows up correctly in xbox partitioner but not unleashx, is there a fix for this?

I am thinking this is the issue when I launched XBPartitioner 1.3 it showed- LBA48 info not found! After pressing (Y) to continue, across the top XBPartitioner shows "LBA48 patch v0" and it says to upgrade to a bios that supports it, I have a Aladdin X2 chip that I installed like 3 or 4 years ago maybe a little longer, could this be the issue and if so should I use hexen boot disc to try and upgrade the bios on the chip? I do have a spare if something goes wrong

29 minutes ago, ironsniper1 said:

I am thinking this is the issue when I launched XBPartitioner 1.3 it showed- LBA48 info not found! After pressing (Y) to continue, across the top XBPartitioner shows "LBA48 patch v0" and it says to upgrade to a bios that supports it, I have a Aladdin X2 chip that I installed like 3 or 4 years ago maybe a little longer, could this be the issue and if so should I use hexen boot disc to try and upgrade the bios on the chip? I do have a spare if something goes wrong

Did you install the chip yourself?

if so did you flash it using flashbios with the proper version set for your xbox ?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ironsniper1 said:

No all the guides I read at the time said to install it and that’s it and it worked like a charm for a long while with a 250gig ide hdd but recently I decided to upgrade to a 1tb sata and yes I installed it myself

i aint sure but i believe you have to upgrade your bios

however im not an expert i just follow guides and figure things out like you and eveybody does , i suggest you wait for a better reply and dont use cheapo adapters make sure your jumper is set to the right pin

goodluck homie

Edited by Sprayizm
  • Like 1

You need to reflash the Aladdin XT PLUS2 modchip after installing it. The BIOS that comes pre-flashed to that chip is EvoX M8+, which is a fine BIOS, but the default configuration for it is terrible and does not support the larger HDD partitions. It also forces the need for a DVD drive upon boot, which is a pointless, retarded restriction.

You'll want to create a new configuration for EvoX M8+ that disables the DVD drive check and enables larger HDD partition support and then reflash your chip with the newly created .bin file.

Use EVTool to create a custom EvoX M8+ .bin file.

Edited by Forlorn Penguin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As of HeXEn 2018, the DVD drive check for EvoX M8+ is now disabled. As for the HDD support, the F only version should be fine for you, since you only have 1TB. You only need a G partition for a 2TB HDD.

Of course, you can always still open the file in EVTool anyway to completely customize it to your liking. Like removing the ugly EvoX logo from the bootup animation, for example.

Edited by Forlorn Penguin
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2018 at 11:37 AM, Forlorn Penguin said:

As of HeXEn 2018, the DVD drive check for EvoX M8+ is now disabled. As for the HDD support, the F only version should be fine for you, since you only have 1TB. You only need a G partition for a 2TB HDD.

Of course, you can always still open the file in EVTool anyway to completely customize it to your liking. Like removing the ugly EvoX logo from the bootup animation, for example.

awesome when i get the chance i will try it out and let you know how it goes