OGXbox.com

XBoyadvance & Snes9XBox Questions

psnap777

Hi Guys. I have a couple of questions about two emulators; XBoyAdvance and SNES9XBox.

SNES9XBox v6b08 - An icon for the emulator does not appear in the Unleashx dash like it does with the other xport emulators I have installed. How can I add an icon for this emulator to appear in the Unleashx dash?

XBOYAdvance v24b7 - As I understand it, this emulator can run Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance games. I have installed the extras pack for Gameboy games, art and videos etc. I was about to add Gameboy Color games when I noticed that there are some duplicate games for these two systems. I was planning on putting the Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance games in different directories than Gameboy games so there shouldn't be an issue there. My question has to do with the box art, cart art and videos. How do I ensure that media for gameboy games wont be overwritten by Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance games if I put the media for box art ect in the same directories? For example, there is a version of the game Battleship for both the Gameboy and Gameboy Color. If I add the art files for Gameboy Color version of the game in the same folder as the Gameboy version, it will overwrite it. How do you use this one emulator for all three types of games (Gameboy, Gameboy color and Gameboy Advance) if there are some games duplicated among these systems? Thank  you very much for your help and advice. 

I figured out how to resolve the issue I was having with the XBOYAdvance emulator. I identified the Gameboy and Gameboy color games with the same name, then renamed the Gameboy color games with (gc) at the end of the file name. Then renamed all of the related xtras files (box art, cart art, save files, videos etc) the same way. Now everything works.

I still don't know how to add an icon in the unleash x dash for the SNES9XBox emulator. If anyone can tell me how to do that it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!