OGXbox.com

Okay I found a debug console in Toronto Ontario. The guy mentioned to me that it had Call of Cthulhu which is nowadays getting a little bit up there in value compared to other Xbox games. This post is more of a question I'm wondering if anybody has seen another different copy of Call of Cthulhu besides the retail disc game. For example Call of Cthulhu retail game size is 3.16 GB.... the version I found on this debug kit is 2.34 GB. There's a difference in size there. Not only that but once you enter the game and you select your level of difficulty it brings up a small screen on the right hand side overlaying the graphics the fonts are very hard to see and our kind of messy looking with underscores and lowercase letters. Very hard to see but this will allow you to pick a level in the game. I have confirmed this I've tried it. Just wondering if this game has ever been released before in the Xbox world or if this is a debug Edition Call of Cthulhu? Attached are some images of stage select as well as size on hard drive.... if anyone can confirm that they've seen this version or if they can confirm that they've never seen this version before would be appreciated. Thank you for reading

20180618_190020.jpg

20180618_185043.jpg

20180618_185020.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I'd rip it and upload it for sure. it is likely smaller than the retail because retail usually has a bunch of additional language packs added in so that they are only pressing one copy and region coding it during the press. that would be my first guess. the next is CoC might have 480p or 720p options (don't have my copy handy at the moment) and this might have just been a 480i copy

A while back i worked on getting the debug menu functions working on the retail build of this and while i was able to get some things going, there was a lot that i never could get to work. There is a test level and some other debug stuff that might work on this. This is def a nifty little piece of history.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...