OGXbox.com

XBmc4gamers

PV544

9 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

What info ?

Edit: Oh the game's title as Rocky5 posted many pages ago.

It's stored inside the header of the game's default.xbe file.

For more information, see: .XBE File Format (caustik.com)

Hey there,

I already saw the instruction, but isn't there a different way to change the titles? I don't want to use the "Controller" for this... I want to take the "File that contains the titles", get it onto my PC via FTP and change it by hand (keyboard).

Is there a file like this?

1 hour ago, Onaga said:

Hey there,

I already saw the instruction, but isn't there a different way to change the titles? I don't want to use the "Controller" for this... I want to take the "File that contains the titles", get it onto my PC via FTP and change it by hand (keyboard).

Is there a file like this?

There is no one file that contains all of the titles of the games installed on the hard drive. 

Replacement dashboards scan the hard drive every time they execute looking for the file, default.xbe, in subfolder(s) one level below where they are configured to search for adding items to a menu (e.g., Games, Applications, Emulators).  Every application on the Xbox uses the same filename for its executable - default.xbe. The reason each game/app is installed into its own subfolder (e.g., F:\Games\Halo 2\, F:\Emulators\Surreal64, F:\Apps\DVD2Xbox). 

The replacement dashboard searches for these default.xbe files to add an entry into the menu.  If there's no default.xbe file, no entry for that subfolder's content is added to the menu.  The name added for the app's menu entry is read from the default.xbe file's Title Name entry in the .XBE Certificate section of the file.

A portion of the default.xbe file's header content description obtained from caustik's .XBE File Format web page.  I was not able to get the copied table to look good pasting it here; so, I've included a screen shot.

947035061_Aportionofanxboxsdefault.xbeheadercertificate.thumb.png.2b1811fab1caec246f7f62113099dba1.png

• Like 1