OGXbox.com

XBmc4gamers

PV544

I've installed XBMC4Gamers and really like it.  Can you change the color of the background at the choosing a  profile screen? 

Also what do you all use for the thumbnails for Applications, Emulators, Games, and Homebrew.  Thanks

KIMG0415.JPG

KIMG0416.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

One background colour for all, and no you can’t chnage the master profiles login screen background. 

I added support for folder fanart ages ages ago so have a look in the media folder of the profiles skin. 

( the jpg file must have the same name as the display name, so in your case it would be console.jpg for that image you showed )

6 hours ago, XC-3730C said:

I just ended up making some of my own, since I can't find any good ones.

I am trying to figure out if I can somehow how a custom background for each category.19a20c3318fd2a75ebf3ec041c8d74bd.jpg

put your emulators in the emulator folder, then add fanart to each emulator. you still wont have the big pretty pictures on this screen but you would one folder deeper... i see what you're going for here. i like it. just a suggestion..

rounding off the resource pack. looks very good!!!

Yea, and I had to create a lot of my own, since the Resource Pack didn't have every emulator or Homebrew, but it was a great start. Now I am working on PC Ports, and I created my own for XBLA games and Apps. I just wish I had better icons for categories.I don't know of a way to have a separate background for each category.24e09ba7a179133fe17723648c3db0a2.jpg66f5da9f6568ea81f331c83acdb8c25b.jpg 

85889a6568db8b026bce8558a78bb492.jpg

• Like 1

well done. looks fantastic. i love that.

Thank you. It took me a long time to do set this all up. I have over 700 retail games on here, and uploading each one by one was such a pain, but well worth it.

I just wish I had more time to learn how to create my own professional looking icons and backgrounds, because I can't find a whole lot outside of the Resources4Xbox pack.

easy way is to drop a resources folder in the root of E, F, and G and fanart will pop up.  of course if you use the same image for all 3 as the fanart.jpg, all the main category icons will share the same image. What Rocky5 was alluding to above regarding folder specific art is even better. I've never set it up that way but now im going to figure it out (if it has it).  really nice skin isn't it?  i much prefer it over origins or generic xbmc. 

On 6/6/2018 at 3:51 PM, PV544 said:

KIMG0416.JPG

Hey guys. For the life of me... i can't figure out how to make pictures to appear on the "Homebrew/Games/Emulators/Applications" folders. I can make a background to everyone or i can show pictures inside of them. But just not on those 4 folders above which show open hard discs...

i know they need to be named: poster.jpg or icon.jpg but where to put them?

I just can't figure it out....

*** E D I T ***

Ahh, i have a theorie - this structure stems from E; - so i think i make a _resource folder insid "E:/_resources/artwork/.... something.

maybe i figure it out by time...

Edited by G-box

Please tell me how you made the cover pictures appear inside those folders "homebrew/games/Application/Emulators"

i can make pictures appear anywhere just not in those 4 folders... Where do i put them?

I tried everything....

I put it inside: "E:/_resources/artwork/ *****

******* i tried: "poster.jpg" / icon.jpg / Emulators.jpg / Homebrew.jpg  ------ nothing shows

I put a separate _resources folder in each emu's directory. You put the poster.jpg (the box icon), and fanart.jpg (the background) in _resources/artwork.

Example for Halo:

F:\Games\Halo\_resources\artwork\poster.jpg

Very simple, if you understand the folder structure.

• Like 1

Thanks but sadly that's not what i was looking for as it just does a picture to the background and not to the actual folder itself... I tried everything even the one you suggested above:

Q:\skin\profiles skin\media\folder fanart\emulators.jpg

Q:\skin\profiles skin\media\folder fanart\emulators_fog.jpg)

I tried putting a "_resources" folder inside the folder together with the emulators, but it still won't display the covers

I tried putting a "_resources" folder inside E: it self .... but nothing gives .... etc. . . . . 

But i'm done. I'm ok with that... it is what it is!

Thanks for your help and for that great script/dashboard or whatever it's called  :) xbmc4gamers

I've put a little donation to your pp since i'm finished now.

Great stuff, thank you once again.

Edited by G-box

G-box,

If you are talking about the poster icons for the categories:

1. Highlight a category

2. Press the white button to bring up the context menu

3. Select Choose thumbnail

4. Select Browse...

5. Browse to the folder where you uploaded your icons (in JPG format).

I have mine in E:\icons, and I have an icon for each category (arcades.jpg, portables.jpg, homebrew.jpg, etc).

• Thanks 1