OGXbox.com

Made a HeXEn 2018 Update

I have a Xbox v1.6 with a Xecuter 3 CE chip. I installed it in 2006 with an AutoInstaller disc at the time. Can I use the most recent Hexen disc to just update the dashes?? I have Evolution X dash, Unleash X and Avalaunch installed. It came with the disc. I do not believe I need any of the other functions or features. Or do I?? Please help me out.

3 hours ago, Viggen66 said:

This new TruHexen 2019 is worthwhile to update the dashboard I mean installing new HDD forget Bios?

It will format a HDD the same, but from what I recall it's worse for installing a dashboard and for flashing a BIOS since it uses a stock xbe for UnleashX instead of a patched one and its EvoX M8+ BIOS files still force the DVD drive check on the user.

Making XBE shortcuts are easy, google for a program called xbe or Xbox shortcut maker. It’s very simple to use and creates a shortcut to whatever xbe file in whatever location you wish.

edit: here’s a link

https://www.xbox-hq.com/html/article2434.html

or do you have a modchip? If so just tell the modchip where your dash is and it will boot direct from there 😃

Edited by nikeymikey

2 hours ago, Viggen66 said:

Alright gonna stick loyal to Hexen 2018, for 1 TB hdd which is better to fill a single Partitation F with full size or slice in half between F and G?

For a 1TB HDD, I think splitting it is better. 

Update: Not everyone agrees with me - @Forlorn Penguin - I see said to use only F.

When split equally between F and G, the cluster size is 32KB instead of 64KB. 

The cluster size is the minimum size a file will occupy on the HDD.  So, if the app has many small files (<cluster size), each file will use up 1 cluster of the available HDD storage space.

32KB cluster max partition size 512GB

64KB cluster max partition size 1,024GB (1TB).

Edited by KaosEngineer

Hi everyone, I am looking forward to playing around and flashing the original, saw a few posts about using the original xbox and emulators, since I have a modded version sitting here doing nothing I thought what the hell.  I was going to make a raspberry pi mame box, but this will be better I think