OGXbox.com

Made a HeXEn 2018 Update

On 12/18/2018 at 3:26 AM, Viggen66 said:

I own an Xbox 1.1 model with winbond if I'm not mistaken from the picture embedded, I guess I need to flash with Linux distribution (Gentoox) but which bios to choose from afterwards ind-bios 5003.67, X2 or Evox M8+? Since my motherboard is 1 mb, does the program resize it to correct amount? If Bios is badly flashed I get a bricked Xbox? Is it possible to recover in case of a disaster?

Thanks

cd.png

IIRC, the GenTooX based flasher DOES NOT resize.  You need to use the correct sized dot bin file that matches the size of your TSOP.  I think the Winbond TSOP is 256KB (2Mbit), not 1MB (8Mbit).

Is that a Focus video encoder in the upper right corner of the fuzzy pic?  If so, it's a 1.2-1.5 console, not a 1.1.

Possible to recover in case of a disaster?  

Not easily! :)

Edited by KaosEngineer

4 hours ago, promaori said:

Hmmm. I've tried downloading this from all three sources and every single one is saying I cannot mount it. I'm wanting to pull the .xbe and run it from a standard hdd (in preparation for a bigger HDD but struggling.)

The Hexen disc image is in an XISO format, not a standard ISO format.  You'll need to use a special app that recognizes this custom disc image format to browse and extract files from it. 

Qwix or C-Xbox Tool are two such Xbox scene apps.  The Windows app PowerISO also recognizes the XISO format and standard ISO9660 disc images and possibly other non-standard disc image formats.

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, promaori said:

Hmmm. I've tried downloading this from all three sources and every single one is saying I cannot mount it. I'm wanting to pull the .xbe and run it from a standard hdd (in preparation for a bigger HDD but struggling.)

Are you trying to run it from the Xbox HDD? If so, you have to launch it via root.xbe, not default.xbe.

2 hours ago, Viggen66 said:

Which software to burn this hexen 2018 DVD? Of course minimum burning speed is there any software made specifically for it. 

Thanks 

No special software. Anything that can burn an ISO disc image.  Windows 10 builtin ISO burning, ImgBurn, Nero, etc.

Use DVD-R media.

Edited by KaosEngineer

Unfortunately I only own Verbatim DVD+R, back on the days I had other console it was the best money could buy for the laser health and error free reading, also burned on the lowest possible speed, both this updated Hexen 2018 and 2017.

After burning the, Iput the dvd on the reader no file appeared I guess it must have a special partition on it.

Lucky to have at home a spare 1 TB 2,5 HDD taken from a Laptop which was upgraded to a SSD, brand new WD blue, I guess these ones are the most compatible with OG XBOX.

Edited by Viggen66

On 12/31/2018 at 12:31 AM, KaosEngineer said:

No special software. Anything that can burn an ISO disc image.  Windows 10 builtin ISO burning, ImgBurn, Nero, etc.

Use DVD-R media.

Already managed to burn on DVD-R media, weird, getting in touch to these tools (DVD, IDE 80 Pin, etc) is getting harder and harder and picking up a PC with a DVD burner , only at office and an older tower pc sitting on the wild.

Edited by Viggen66

14 hours ago, Trab0y said:

New to the scene here, looking to mod my xbox.... wondering if the disc needs to be a DVD or can I burn to a CD??? Also unfortunately modding my 1.5 box :(

Some drives will take CDs, but it doesn't seem to be very common. DVD-R is the go-to.

Also, what is up with everyone thinking they have a 1.5 lately? No one has a 1.5.

Received today my Xbox it come on prestige condition, still haven't connected to my TV but on the button manufacturer date is 2003-09-28, 3031752 34005 serial number I guess it's a very high change being a 1.2 model, alright do those hdmi adapters work well on this console, because newer TVs are harder to connect to these old connectors like composite and scart. 

7 hours ago, Viggen66 said:

Received today my Xbox it come on prestige condition, still haven't connected to my TV but on the button manufacturer date is 2003-09-28, 3031752 34005 serial number I guess it's a very high change being a 1.2 model, alright do those hdmi adapters work well on this console, because newer TVs are harder to connect to these old connectors like composite and scart. 

I don't know what this has to do with HeXEn, but your Xbox should be a 1.4. Make sure to remove the clock capacitor ASAP before it destroys the motherboard. More than likely it's already started leaking.

HDMI adapters work, but naturally you'll have some display lag.

Forlon Penguim,

The seller has already removed the clock capacitor as per image, and you're probably right it must be indeed 1.4, alright problem solved with the bios size.

Regarding to connection to TV, already own a component video cable, best way to connect it probably is getting an external component to HDMI adapter, at least it upscales the video to 1080p something that doesn't work well on those out of the box hdmi converters.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Viggen66

Regarding ind- bios it offers some advantages over other bios because of buttons combination to go back to dashboard and powering off the console, but does it inject a config file to the HDD? I read injecting that config file on the bios itself can brick the console. On evox m8 bios there's no way to go back to dashboard when booting a game?

Another issue my Xbox is a PAL one, but enabling HD modes is only available on NTSC consoles I'm going to upgrade my HDD for one tb, on hexen DVD should I choose create a NTSC HDD instead of PAL to have those HD options available? Will I have issues with the TV later on, I'm using component cables?

Thanks