OGXbox.com

Made a HeXEn 2018 Update

I own an Xbox 1.1 model with winbond if I'm not mistaken from the picture embedded, I guess I need to flash with Linux distribution (Gentoox) but which bios to choose from afterwards ind-bios 5003.67, X2 or Evox M8+? Since my motherboard is 1 mb, does the program resize it to correct amount? If Bios is badly flashed I get a bricked Xbox? Is it possible to recover in case of a disaster?

Thanks

cd.png

Edited by Viggen66

It's hard to tell from that picture, but it doesn't look like that's a 1.1. The TSOP looks smaller like how it is on 1.2-1.5 Xboxes.

Confirm before flashing. Gentoox does not resize the BIOS. You can use XBlast OS to flash it instead, as it can flash Winbond and will resize the BIOS. You'd have to manually install a dashboard and any BIOS config files before flashing though, because XBlast won't do that.

Edited by Forlorn Penguin

Another evidence is a 1.1 Xbox, and the system has 1 mb to flash, also read this on another forum, that for my system is harder to flash a new bios like this threat

"1. As it's a 1.0 it has a 1 MB TSOP chip, which means that the three wire trick might work. Essentially the 1MB chip contains 4 copies of the BIOS, and during booting the Xbox checks that at least 2 of the copies match. A common flash failure is flashing a 256kB BIOS, but using a flashing tool that doesn't resize the BIOS to 1 MB, so you end up with one bank having your new BIOS, and the other three holding the old BIOS, so the boot fails. "

I read non Windbow chips have no problem flashing 256 kb but owing to different program to flash this case it has.

Is there a simpler way to accomplish this without damaging the motherboard, actually the Hexen warns users about this issue, how can I flash the bios?

Sem Título.png

Edited by Viggen66

Forlon,

I'm beginning to give you reason that you probably right, It probably isn't a 1.1 model, these photos are from the seller I have order my console, and looking at pictures of some 1.2 models and the picture I have, it reassembles more 1.2 than a 1.1 when looking at those bottom capacitors on the 1.1 they are on a row, these overlap with other, better for me since I won't have the issue of the 256kb but is for sure a Windbond TSOP because of the W that pops-out on the chip even though is blurred, the 1.2 is only 256kbytes right?

But which is the best bios? People talk wonders on Evox M8+, of course I want to upgrade to a SATA HDD, this bios will give me full compatibilty?

Thanks