Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Sign in to follow this  
dorkmana

Ps1 Games Emulator Problems

maybe i cant find the right version but i am having a hell of a time getting any ps1 game to run on this xbox  i got ps1x 15core22

but most games i see every one using i cant get working black screens or crashed xbox

im not the best at format to put in tried  bin and cue and just bin seams to be the same problem regardless ? tips or a link to help trouble shoot games  would be amazing

pcsxboxv22b25 is the one I use. I have only played 2 games on it. Shadow Tower and Initial D. both worked flawlessly. However, I think i remember trying to Diablo 2 back in the day and it didn't run so well. I think it depends on the game of course.

Here is some direction, this was my launchpad into psx emulation on xbox
Please login or register to see this link.
I havent gotten off this beaten path much other than taking these and implementing them into ROCKY 5's emustation, because you arent using these emulators anymore in that scenario
You need your own bin files on this one but the .cues are included and they work just fine for me.

i havent gotten into the weeds configuring 3d games to play although the majority of what i tried will get started and play but not very well (even on 128mb ram) its likely more of a function of the cpu. i tried several squaresoft titles that tug on my heartstrings, few hours of tinkering and very little results.  i did this testing on the psx emu core included with rocky 5's emustation.

just an FYI:

crash 1, 2 and &3 seem rather playable on CO8 massive. I just tried them.

alright guys thanks for the help co8 massive didnt work well for my i FTP the main folder and it just ended up restarting my xbox every time

Don't mind my posts, for some reason you have to post 3 times on this site to be able to download skins from it...

On 5/19/2018 at 9:48 PM, Mazula said:

Don't mind my posts, for some reason you have to post 3 times on this site to be able to download skins from it...

a stereotypical millennial in its natural habitat.

On 5/19/2018 at 7:15 PM, dorkmana said:

alright guys thanks for the help co8 massive didnt work well for my i FTP the main folder and it just ended up restarting my xbox every time

you have an FTP problem, not a coinops problem.

i've good results only using unleashx, setting max users to 10 in UX and setting max transfers to only 4 in Filezilla.... even tho you can set the xbox to 10 simultaneous users i dont believe it can consistently manage it

Does that make sense?

XBMC ftp works, and anything by ROCKY5 seems to work even better (out of the box)
I've had hit or miss ftp transfers in xbmc.

UnleashX will hiccup here and there but typically resetting and requing all transfers (in filezilla) that have failed will work as long as you tell Filezilla to "replace files if they are different in size" use this for this queue only.

What im saying is, the combination of unleashx = filezilla usually works well, even if you do freeze up or hit a snag.... sometimes it just happens....

If your freezing is persistent i would ask you to monitor cpu/gpu temps, and also become curious about the integrity of your hard disk.

Yes FTP can be alot of troubleshooting, but you get an intimate discovery of your hardware after several failed 85GB transfers. you need to reque the failed transfers, this weekend after posting here i wanted to put coinops on my xbox and kept doing stupid things like unplugging the xbox while it was transfering, shutting down my pc while transfering, etc... totally not on purpose, more of a oversight through beer goggles. I was able to reqeue the files like 4 times, coinops still worked.  One of mine was freezing over and over and over again, it cleared up after i changed the thermal paste, it was baked on there like sourdough. i dunno. just keep trying.... LMAO.

Report back, give more info. the worst/best part of these xboxes is there is always a solution but it can be so FREAKING painstaking not knowing which direction to move it. its so much fun.

I have a paid version of FlashFXP and never have any issues. UnleashX does seem to have the highest speeds. So I run UnleashX as an Application, then FTP.

• Like 1