Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

psnap777

When To Solder Board for Tsop

I have completely taken apart a 1.0 system and removed the clock capacitor, cleaned the CPU, GPU and both heat sinks and reinstalled them with good quality thermal paste. I intend on TSOPing this system. I know it has to be soft modded first. I’d like to solder the two points on the board to unlock write capability of the EEPROM while the system is apart. Is it okay to do this , then put the system back together, do the Softmod and finally the TSOP flash? Or do I have to put the system back together and do the Softmod before I solder the points on the board? Thanks for your help. 

• Like 1

No need to softmod at all. Google nms tsop flasher and use that gamesave like you would the softmod one. That will directly flash your tsop and from there u can load burned discs like hexen or Rocky5's extras tool to install your desired dashboard.

• Like 1

i usually just softmod installing unleashX, bridge TSOP points, use Hexen to flash the bios I want, then manually install XBMC by designating the install directory with the new bios config file

Thanks to evilbluemonkey01 and cOrPsE for your responses. I bridged the TSOP points before softmodding while I had the system apart. After that I put it back together, softmodded it and finally TSOPed and everything worked fine. Just wanted to post what my experience was in case anyone else was wondering about this too.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By XboxMon
      Hi.  I ordered a Monster Cable Lightwave 100X Optical Cable from eStarland to connect to the Monster Cable component cable I also purchased for the original Xbox but the dunces sent me just the 10' Monster Cable optical cable and no toslink adapter to connect it to the component cable so I can get 5.1 surround sound with my OGXbox.  Is this a standard toslink adapter that is readily available or is it one of Monster Cable's proprietary monsters?  In either case, where can I get one? Thanks for any help.
      ETA: added photo of what the toslink adapter looks like, btw.

• By AlaskaCC
      I have a version 1.4 console with a modchip installed due to a bad TSOP flash.  I cannot seem to find the location of the A15 point to attempt the repair process.  Can anyone point me to an image?
      Thanks.
    • By XPeter
      Hi, all
      Some of you might know I have already had a Xbox (v1.1) with TSOP flashed (M8+ only) recently
      For a v1.1 Xbox, its TSOP (1MB) with only 256k M8+ is a bit wasted.    Meanwhile, i read about Xblast OS which Forlorn Penguin suggested me before to use it to flash BIOS to TSOP.
      And Now I realized that Xblast OS is not just a bios flash program, but with multiple useful tools. and more importantly to me, it can be flashed/installed to Modchip (including TSOP)
      I read that its can be flashed to onboard TSOP, as Bennydiamond said in AG forum
      Please login or register to see this link.
      However, there is no specific instruction and video that I can search from google to specify this.  So I hope someone here, based on your best knowledge, could share and confirm whether this is really workable for 1MB TSOP

Here comes my plan and assumption, can anyone help me to verify?
      1. install/upload Xblast in C: drive per its instruction in its zip file
      2. run xblast.xbe,  enter its program/OS
      3. Go to flash menu,  select Bank2 (xblast OS),     (Here, I am not sure if it will show 3 Banks as xblast illustrated,  or 4 banks as my current TSOP has)
      4. select crcwell.bin,  then flash  --> reboot
      5.  Xbox enter xblast os,    go to flash menu,  select bank0 (512k),  choose X2.5032.bin,  flash --> reboot
      6.  Xbox enter xblast os,    go to flash menu,  select bank1 (256k),  choose M8+.bin ,  flash --> reboot

Will there be any issue for the procedures above?  Your help would be much appreciated !
      Peter

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.