OGXbox.com

XBmc Is Kodi

dorkmana

go find xbmc junk installer. thats the only recent release that ive seen leverage any kind of streaming capabilities (does not work well). xbmc4xbox is not a good solution for accessing content from the web. it is however still rather practical for 480p rips accessed over the network or from the hdd. tmdb scraper is fixed, so you can get all the synopsis and fan art which gives a wonderful feel to your media library. i just put complete collections of seinfeld and simpsons on one so my camp life is never without the warm fuzzies of old tv re-runs..... you can also use a upnp media server that handles the transcoding from pc. all in all it still does a great job of media playback unless your handling HD content....

1 hour ago, dorkmana said:

Ok so there isnt really a way to connect to like exodus on an og xbox then ?

well at least i can still do it on the xbox1

im only getting into kodi because of ogxbox and im just baffled by what ive been missing out on.

the mxq s805 is like 25 bucks at times in CAD.

i picked one up the other day and was able to flash scottelec to the nand so it boots directly into a fork of librelec kodi v17.6

i am having fun with the streaming capabilities of this tiny piece of hardware... its awesome

plus on scottelec you can directly download retro roms and it has retroarch/emulationstation to manage. its so fun. xbox is way smoother on emulation tho.

• Haha 1

I wouldn't even bother, the xbox is just too old of hardware at this point to handle anything decent for video streaming. And others have pointed out there's far better and very cheap devices that can do exactly that via kodi, plex, upnp, whatever you want. 

Way back when the xbox was relevant XBMC was awesome, I was running it well before there were windows binaries for it. Once HD content started to become the standard XBMC on the xbox was pretty much game over for me. Switched to an apple tv to jailbreak and run xbmc on, then eventually over the years moved to plex. 

Basically, I wouldn't even waste my time trying to play videos on an xbox these days. Either buy a cheap android set top or stick, roku, fire tv, apple tv, whatever, and load kodi, plex, embry, pick your poison. (No kodi for ATV)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 5/4/2018 at 5:02 PM, captaintofuburger said:

I wouldn't even bother, the xbox is just too old of hardware at this point to handle anything decent for video streaming. And others have pointed out there's far better and very cheap devices that can do exactly that via kodi, plex, upnp, whatever you want. 

Way back when the xbox was relevant XBMC was awesome, I was running it well before there were windows binaries for it. Once HD content started to become the standard XBMC on the xbox was pretty much game over for me. Switched to an apple tv to jailbreak and run xbmc on, then eventually over the years moved to plex. 

Basically, I wouldn't even waste my time trying to play videos on an xbox these days. Either buy a cheap android set top or stick, roku, fire tv, apple tv, whatever, and load kodi, plex, embry, pick your poison. (No kodi for ATV)

There is Kodi for ATV's, but it's a pain in the a$$

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...