Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Sign in to follow this  
dorkmana

Trying To Upgrade Hdd ( Tsop Flashed ) 1.0

I have been working on my first moded xbox i Tsops flashed ind bios on it and all went well next i was working on a HDD Chimp would lock up every time the new drive was plunged in so i went to format it  useing HEXEN 2017

it did finish the format when i boot this drive i get to a Black screen no errors and i can reboot hexen tried it 2 times last night any ideals of what i can do

info on this hdd

its on the list for 1.6 with 80 cables i figured it would work on a 1.0 with tsop and 80  cables

its SATA have a converter with compactors and a jumper and padding on back

im at a Total loss at this point

Chimp is only for softmodded systems. You dont need to lock a hard drive on a TSOP modded Xbox. Just start over with HeXEn to set up your new hard drive.

• Thanks 1

problem finally fixed thanks  i went back and was looking at tsop tools they too have a hdd upgrade there  that one worked :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By AlaskaCC
      I have a version 1.4 console with a modchip installed due to a bad TSOP flash.  I cannot seem to find the location of the A15 point to attempt the repair process.  Can anyone point me to an image?
      Thanks.
    • By XPeter
      Hi, all
      Some of you might know I have already had a Xbox (v1.1) with TSOP flashed (M8+ only) recently
      For a v1.1 Xbox, its TSOP (1MB) with only 256k M8+ is a bit wasted.    Meanwhile, i read about Xblast OS which Forlorn Penguin suggested me before to use it to flash BIOS to TSOP.
      And Now I realized that Xblast OS is not just a bios flash program, but with multiple useful tools. and more importantly to me, it can be flashed/installed to Modchip (including TSOP)
      I read that its can be flashed to onboard TSOP, as Bennydiamond said in AG forum
      Please login or register to see this link.
      However, there is no specific instruction and video that I can search from google to specify this.  So I hope someone here, based on your best knowledge, could share and confirm whether this is really workable for 1MB TSOP

Here comes my plan and assumption, can anyone help me to verify?
      1. install/upload Xblast in C: drive per its instruction in its zip file
      2. run xblast.xbe,  enter its program/OS
      3. Go to flash menu,  select Bank2 (xblast OS),     (Here, I am not sure if it will show 3 Banks as xblast illustrated,  or 4 banks as my current TSOP has)
      4. select crcwell.bin,  then flash  --> reboot
      5.  Xbox enter xblast os,    go to flash menu,  select bank0 (512k),  choose X2.5032.bin,  flash --> reboot
      6.  Xbox enter xblast os,    go to flash menu,  select bank1 (256k),  choose M8+.bin ,  flash --> reboot

Will there be any issue for the procedures above?  Your help would be much appreciated !
      Peter

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.