OGXbox.com

About To Tsop First Time

dorkmana

1 hour ago, dorkmana said:

This is my frist time working with a Tsop im looking for advice 

ik i got 1..0 1.1 versions does this wire need to be a single copper or can it be threaded 

also hexen i can find but a bios checker i can not fine any where

im never the most correct guy, so my advice needs to be treated that way.

but

my process looks like this.

install softmod

open case

bridge pads and/or solder wires in place (1.2-1.5 is hands down the easiest)

boot hexen

in the tsop/modchip section i start by running the "non-winbond flash'

this one boots a modded evo-x menu where you can choose your bios, just before flash it shows which tsop you have you cannot brick your console from this screen, it just wont erase the bios if you try to flash a winbond tsop (i cannot guarantee this although i have done it several times with no effect and this is also re-iterated in the instructions in hexen)

if you've entered this menu "cleanup failed flash files" is recommended after leaving

if it is winbond i leave the menu back to hexen and go to winbond/sharp flash menu and flash from there... the only trick with winbond is when it boots to gentoox loader you scroll to right to find advanced and choose flash menu/hdd flash and choose bios.bin....

caution: if you try to flash the wrong chip using the winbond menu you will have a bad result. potential brick.

thats it.

the winbond i did lastnight failed 2 times before it worked correctly and i think it was because i hadnt cleaned up the files from entering the evo-x menu the first time.

would be better practice to arm yourself with knowledge of the TSOP prior to booting hexen (analyze the chip on the board, reference numbers that are on the chip... etc..)

i think the reason i had no worries is because 1.2-1.5 is same tsop unlock process (soldering) no matter which tsop is on board.

EDIT, i have only ever used stranded copper wire, cant remember the gauge (rather small)

also, at first i was pullling off the insulator and taking about half the strands, twisting them up, tinning them and using that to bridge the pads that need bridging for tsop unlock. now i just use solder and it works fine. patience.

and if you're confident in your soldering and the install fails just try again. i was so close to ripping it all apart last night.... bad dvd drive, another bad dvd drive, 2 failed installs on the good drive and then the third after cleaning install files.... bingo.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all so much IT worked i was freaked out but it was pretty simple lol next is HDD upgrade but!! i mistakenly got a SATA HDD that is on the list  to be good 

that being said  does any one have a good tutorial for Chimp 

ive seen it done a few ways and now im like whats going on 

Download the latest build of Chimp 261812.

Video tutorials by Rocky5:

1. How to clone your Hard drive using Chimp 261812 from start to finish.

2.  Chimp 261812 Latest Build - not quite.

3. New Chimp Loader XBE Test - here's a view of using the latest version.

Even though the first is a bit dated as to specific operations and the loader version, it's still relevant.

Once starting the latest release, the loader will be Chimp Loader 1.01 instead of 1.0.  You'll be prompted to swap the DVD to HDD IDE connector and press (A) button when ready to continue.

Edited by KaosEngineer

i am having a few problems with chimp cant seam to get it to work after i pressed  would say its starting up for a while and didnt move on so i installed chimp from hexen disk 1..0 and every time i plugged in the 2ed hard drive ( sata with converter jumper removed) it would lock up

i am trying to just reformat the hdd now and once i it done and ready to move to the hexen dashboard it restarts the formatting process after about 2-3 mins

Edited by dorkmana
Should be said that it is on the list to work its said locked ( does this mean i need to use chimp)

lol @ cry

i've had the "not enough power" issue before. i now generally use an extra spot on my pc supply while doing this. always enough power

i'd say you're on the right track. you should see better results with proper power, i'm not sure what the psu can handle on this old brick but i've come to the same conclusion in the past.

• Thanks 1

At a total loss now the converter i have is the nice one with a pad jumper and compactors i couldn't get Chimp to work  but i got it Formatted using hexen and locked it rebooted and it would just stay at a black screen...

only think i could think of is that i got a V1.0 with a single row of power and this HDD was used on a V1.6  ??