Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Sign in to follow this  
wikati

V1.6, Softmod, No Drive

OK
Here is the situation.

Just had a 1.6 PSU open up. I've got a 1.6 board from my first ever softmod. it has been rendered useless after i ended up unlocking the drive... not knowing what was going on.

So its sitting there.

i have an aladdin xt2 chip.

if i install that chip on this board will it just boot? curious on this procedure because anytime you hear about this type of situation (no eeprom) the answer always seems to be "need a mod chip or a tsop)

just curious of some thoughts on this. and how it might work.

OK
Here is the situation.

Just had a 1.6 PSU open up. I've got a 1.6 board from my first ever softmod. it has been rendered useless after i ended up unlocking the drive... not knowing what was going on.

So its sitting there.

i have an aladdin xt2 chip.

if i install that chip on this board will it just boot? curious on this procedure because anytime you hear about this type of situation (no eeprom) the answer always seems to be "need a mod chip or a tsop)

just curious of some thoughts on this. and how it might work.
I thinks yes ,to repair one of my 1.1 xbox that was missing a hard drive , id softmoded my 1.6 , unlocked the drive (maked my 1.6 useless at the same time ) after I finished repairing and upgrading the 1.1 and installed the modchip in the 1.6 and my 1.6 was back to normal

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SM-N920A mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Segarra Alvarez said:

I thinks yes ,to repair one of my 1.1 xbox that was missing a hard drive , id softmoded my 1.6 , unlocked the drive (maked my 1.6 useless at the same time ) after I finished repairing and upgrading the 1.1 and installed the modchip in the 1.6 and my 1.6 was back to normal

exciting. would be great to save this board.

exciting. would be great to save this board.
Yes it is 100% posible that you fix it with a modchip , also remenber when installing a modchip on a 1.6 you have ro rebuild the lpc port

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian Segarra Alvarez said:

Yes it is 100% posible that you fix it with a modchip , also remenber when installing a modchip on a 1.6 you have ro rebuild the lpc port

it worked!

i had a drive sitting on the shelf locked to this board too, it fired right up. amazing!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By Michael McBride
      Here is how to unlock an Xbox hard drive with a program called Hdat2.
      Software link: Please login or register to see this link.
      Software is in attachment also. It is a Boot able iso. 
      Instructions:  
      I've done a YouTube video showing how to unlock an Xbox hard disk with HDAT2 link here for the program Please login or register to see this link.

This is a WIP, there may be some errors  I will try to update the videos and instructions over time  

6th April edited YouTube video
      9th May 2017 v60b4, new YouTube Video and updated instructions

Set up your PC with the Xbox hard disk as Master and the DVD drive as Slave.
      Set the BIOS to boot from DVD/CD first.
      When the program loads, be patient it takes a little while  
      Type "HDAT2" at the command prompt.
      Select the hard disk by using the cursor keys and pressing enter.
      Scroll down to "Security" press enter.
      Scroll down to "Unlock device" press enter.
      Then press "I" to change from User to Master.
      Pressing "K" will scroll through a list of built in passwords, if you're lucky it'll be one in the list.
      Xboxes are usually "XBOXSCENE" or "TEAMASSEMBLY" which are near the end of the built in password list.
      Press "S" to set and then "Y" to confirm.
      NOTE: You will only get 5 attempts, and then you will have to re-boot, and start again  
      You can also enter a password manually by pressing "P"
      Passwords can be entered in User mode, but you don't get the "K" option for the built in password list.

If you have "zeroed" your hard drive password then 30 HEX is DECIMAL 0.
      Hopefully the video will show what I mean  

Please login or register to see this link.

HDAT2 also has other useful hard drive tools to repair bad sectors, erase etc...
      Have a look at some of the other YouTube videos by other users 
      Video Below:

hdat2cd_60b5.iso
    • By TotalMoop
      I'm after a little help with this.
      Do you folks have a GOOD link to a Video on exactly how to install a 2TB drive reliably?
      I'm struggling to figure out the best reliable method on how to do this... Setting up partitions, with what apps etc..
      I installed a 500GB IDE in my xbox but it's been nothing but trouble. so I obviously didnt do it the correct way
      Any help, advice, links or even better for the forum, a post with details, application downloads and images for a walk through.
      Thanks very much in advance!!
    • By Dave C.
      I just replaced the Laser and belt in a Thomson DVD drive and I am having trouble getting it back together properly.  The white tooth arm that raises and lowers the spindle does not want to cooperate when I am putting the tray back in.  I can get the try back in fine but the drive spindle is not raising and lowering.  Anyone know the correct procedure to get it back it?  It has to be some kind of alignment issue with that white arm.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.