OGXbox.com

Surreal64 XMv Previews

wikati

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys. Thank you so much for posting this. I'm definitely going to give this a try. Do you guys know where to get similar packs for the following emulators: Blissx, Z26x, Zsnesx, Atari7800x and NeoGenesis? If not full packs, do you know where I can find a tutorial or instructions on how to set these emulators up to display box art and videos? I have searched but haven't been able to find anything. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Kekule said:

anyone know any other source for the 188 roms now that isozone is down?

Found similar set not EarthwormJames' version but from NeMesiS at emuxtras.net on MEGA.  There are three files:

N64-MoviesMP4 v1.88.7z  1.09 GB

N64-GameManuals.7z  892.3 MB

Surreal64 RomSet v1.88.7z  4.84 GB

Rocky5 created a batch file to convert the MP4 format videos to XMVs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzRN8P835YijcHpHalBqald6dTQ

Update: Later in the thread, Rocky5 posted:

Here are 320x240 MP4 files for use with XBMC-Emustation. They will be on the downloader section of Emustation.

Nintendo 64 NeMesiS Video Previews

also Bass Rush synopsis has the wrong name in the file, it has it as Bass Racing :lol:

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks KaosEngineer... I was have been trying to use Rocky5's XBMC-Emustation and he only allows the EarworkJames set, because as he says in a GitHub issue "you must use a specific rom set with N64 as the emulators is crap and the roms set has all roms that work configured to do so."  so his scraper thrown an error if it doesn't find this set.... 

dialog.ok("ERROR","","This isn't [B]EarthWormsJames[/B][CR]N64 emulator best of compilation")

update: I just read through the whole emuxtras thread you linked.......

update2: Well, good news, this set scrapes just fine, I'll convert the movies after Iget back from work.  Thanks again

Edited by Kekule
read the linked emuxtras thread
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2018 at 10:43 PM, KaosEngineer said:

So how/what's it test to know it is not EarthwormJames' set?

it looks like it just checks that the surreal.ini file is correct (that all the rom names in it match the roms present), so if you copy the ini fro those pack into the emulator directory it works fine.

• Thanks 1