OGXbox.com

[answered] All My Games Are Gone?

VeeBee Goon

So I was using DVD2XBXOX to copy over Burger King Sneak King to my HDD. It sounded like my DVD Drive was searching frantically for the data to copy over. After what seemed like maybe 10 minutes it began copying and remained at 1% for another 10 minutes. Then the console rebooted. Immediately I was like 'WTF,  that was odd." I ejected the disc and went to my games folder and they were all gone!

Booting XBpartitioner 1.3 shows a big green ER on my F partition. No games show in any dash I use but when in XBpartitioner 1.3 it shows the the data is used.

I'm at a loss here, folks, I'm considering taking out the HDD and formatting it but if it's an easy fix...

What should I do?

[Edit]

I just reformated partitions F and G to make one big F partition.

Edited by VeeBee Goon

opps!  If much data was copied from the disk it overwrote part of what was already there corrupting files. 

The "ER" is the indication that the wrong cluster size is configured for that partition.  The drive should be reformatted in the Xbox. (ALL DATA WILL BE LOST! However, it already is.) Use XBPartitioner v1.3 to format the extended partitions to set up the correct cluster size.

Extended partition cluster sizes:

64KB clusters for up to max of 1TB partition
32KB clusters for up to max of 512GB partition
16KB clusters for up to max of 256GB partition

What size is the partition in question?  Did you have F and G?  What size is the HDD?

Edited by KaosEngineer

7 hours ago, VeeBee Goon said:

I'm have a 500GB Seagate Barracuda. I just used XBpartitioner 1.3 to reformat F and G and made one big F partition. I used the 32KB cluster size available. 

After doing so, run XBPartitioner v1.3 again to verify that the correct cluster size took hold. 

Sometimes the process doesn't work the first time around and defaults to the wrong cluster size.  Therefore, always verify that the correct cluster size, no "ER" displayed, after a reboot and running XBP v1.3 a second time.

• 2 months later...