OGXbox.com

Aloha Softmodders

A Murder of Crows

• 2 months later...

I hope this is the right place to post this..  im new ..... ok.. I have an original modded xbox.. its old but it works.. the thing is I had a game accidentally update the xbox live and it ruined the mod.. everything is still on the harddrive..my emulators and games.. the works.. but now it boots to the original dashboard.. and thats all it will do... can anyone help me restore my mod to its former glory..??..lol

1 hour ago, misterwynd said:

I hope this is the right place to post this..  im new ..... ok.. I have an original modded xbox.. its old but it works.. the thing is I had a game accidentally update the xbox live and it ruined the mod.. everything is still on the harddrive..my emulators and games.. the works.. but now it boots to the original dashboard.. and thats all it will do... can anyone help me restore my mod to its former glory..??..lol

Of course. Do you still have the game you used to run the exploit? 
Splinter Cell, Agent Under fire, Mechassault, or now THPS4.

• 1 month later...

If the nDure softmod was used, your Xbox may have access to the UDDAE recovery dash.  No original game disc required to re-softmod. :)  

• UDDAE - This is a backdoor which allows you to run a recovery dash (Uber Double Dash Audio Exploit) from the MS Dash in the event that you lose your softmod. It can be activated by renaming an Audio CD to "<<Eggsßox>>" from the MS Dash.

I found a set of instructions in Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool repo on github about enabling UDDAE. A couple steps seem repeated/out of place (Select Copy 2x in steps 2 and 3).  As I'm not on a softmodded Xbox right now, I cannot verify the steps (your mileage may vary; could break things more, or not).  You'll perform these steps in the stock MS Xbox dashboard.

How to re-enable the softmod.
1. Power on the system.
2. Now select Music
	> The blank soundtrack
	> Select Copy
	> Select Copy
	> Select New Soundtrack
	> Enter <<Eggsβox>> ( with two '<' Symbols, capital 'E', beta Accent 'β' and two '>' Symbols )
	> Select Done
	> Now the MS logo will appear & the MSdash will reload.
3. Now select music
	> Select blank soundtrack
	> Select Copy
	> Select Copy
	> Select New Soundtrack
	> Select Done
	> Resoftmod your Xbox.

If there's no UDDAE setup, you'll start the hidden MS Dashboard Thank You Easter Egg.

I'd suggest upgrading to Rocky5's latest Xbox Softmodding Tool that prevents the game dashboard upgrade from corrupting this softmod and also avoid lost date/time error 16 messages.  (Open Source Softmod - code repo at https://github.com/Rocky5/Xbox-Softmodding-Tool)

Edited by KaosEngineer

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking, but I don't see a softmod tutorial anywhere.  Yes, I've seen them on other sites, but most are old with lots of old info.  None tell you step-by-step how to do what needs to be done.  Lots of pieces missing and lots of assumptions.  Even the youtube videos that are decent still don't tell you everything, or they have links to software to a place that I have to pay to gain access to, and of course, half is on one download site, half on another which means multiple paid accounts.  I thank you fine folk for your wonderful help,

The most up to date softmod is the Xbox Softmodding Tool by Rocky5 @ TiZ.  

Gamesaves available for:

1. 007: Agent Under Fire, (original or 1 of the 2 Platinum Hits releases)59aa6740ee183_007AUFPlatinumHitsVersions(byHEX1GON@AG2014).png.cb68ae537562540ac86566ebd6d4def3.png
  2. MechAssault, (original release not Platinum Hits)
  3. Splinter Cell and (original or Platinum Htis release)
  4. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4.  (original not sure if Platinum Hits works or was even released of this game)

Try to access UDDAE,  If you get the "Thank You" Easter Egg instead of the softmod recovery dashboard then nDure with UDDAE option enabled was not the softmod method used.

Other sets of instructions, one may be clearer to understand than another, to start the Easter Egg or UDDAE are here. and here.

If interested, see more on Xbox Easter Eggs. (Some of the original source sites noted there are no longer accessible, but, their instructions to access them are listed at the linked site..)

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Thanks 1

The latest softmod is Rocky5's (a.k.a. JCRocky5) Xbox Softmodding Tool v1.1.2 (source repo) last updated 29 days ago today.

Video tutorials (2):  First video is a bit dated as there's an updated 2017 release of the Xbox Softmodding Tool with a slightly different UI shown in the second video below.

Rocky5 mentions that v1.1.2 hasn't been released yet in the last 3minutes of the following video.  It has been released latest update Aug 17, 2017. a month after the Test Build Overview video was released.

Edited by KaosEngineer