Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Sign in to follow this  
wikati

V1.0 Identifiers

which is highly unlikely if the fan connector is direct to mobo? . any potential insight into what could have been refurbished in this unit? were the V1's susceptible a power failure at one point?

20180111_225758.thumb.jpg.dc79b7e20820fed99d190dd4c3eb04d9.jpg

20180111_225730.jpg

20180111_225813.jpg

9 hours ago, wikati said:

which is highly unlikely if the fan connector is direct to mobo? . any potential insight into what could have been refurbished in this unit? were the V1's susceptible a power failure at one point?

Yes they would have to hack another power source to power the GPU fan if it isn't a 1.0. As far as what was refurbed, don't take that sticker too seriously. "Refurbished" became a "call to action" or "sell" word. 95% of the time if you see a console with refurbished stickers all over it, it was just a way to increase sales and make people think they aren't just buying a used console to give them more confidence to buy. If this did have a refurbish job completed on it, it was more than likely the disc drive or a bad power supply. most 1.0's would have a thomson disc drive. if it has a samsung,hitachi, or phillips, then they more than likely replaced the disc drive.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2018 at 8:31 AM, TinkerMods said:

Yes they would have to hack another power source to power the GPU fan if it isn't a 1.0. As far as what was refurbed, don't take that sticker too seriously. "Refurbished" became a "call to action" or "sell" word. 95% of the time if you see a console with refurbished stickers all over it, it was just a way to increase sales and make people think they aren't just buying a used console to give them more confidence to buy. If this did have a refurbish job completed on it, it was more than likely the disc drive or a bad power supply. most 1.0's would have a thomson disc drive. if it has a samsung,hitachi, or phillips, then they more than likely replaced the disc drive.

informative response. love your view on refurb. makes alot of sense from a marketing view. i would never call a new dvd drive a refurb but then again what do you call it. Thanks for that.
So ive 99% got a 1.0 which i am very pleased with.
The date/serial number sticker on this one also looks alot different than anything ive seen.
Looking closer now that you mentioned the dvd drive. this one was manufactured in 2005... BINGO thats the refurb. there is no way an xbox manufactured in 2002 had a dvd drive manufactured in 2005. thats not even math. thats just that.

Thank you very much.

Personally, IMHO, the true identifier of a 1.0 vs. a 1.1 is that the 1.0 has a daughter board for the controller ports.  That was the only version that had that.

• Like 2