Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Probably my favorite mod of 2008. Xbox Slimbox using a Mountain Dew theme. I cut the label from a 2-Liter bottle and the paint was some sort of Rust-Oleum that I found at the store. Clear faceplate pieces on the external PSU for bracing, removed the top of the stock 60mm fans to save on height, used tape to protect the DVD Drive daughterboard. haha I could have made it much neater.

pic082908_1.JPG

pic082908_2.JPG

pic082908_3.JPG

pic082908_4.JPG

pic082908_5.JPG

pic082908_6.JPG

pic082908_7.JPG

pic082908_8.JPG

pic082908_9.JPG

pic082908_10.JPG

pic082908_11.JPG

pic082908_12.JPG

pic082908_13.JPG

pic082908_14.JPG

18 hours ago, wikati said:

lots of work went into that!!!

Yeah, I could've made top of the case much smoother when I removed the fins...haha

5 hours ago, codeasm said:

Lots of work indeed it looks like. Also, the green is cool :D
sad the psu dint fit in the case. any other mods in that puppy ?

Yes, it was another fun build. Most of the mods were on-the-fly as I worked with it. I think extending the PSU wires was the longest part of it all. The software mods were pretty much, XBMC, stock HDD, Maybe a few UnleashX skins for the UnleashX dash, I think THUG (Tony Hawk's Underground) was loaded on the HDD and maybe GTAVC (Grand Theft Auto: Vice City). I can't remember much of it but I forgot how I tricked the bios to bypass the DVD Drive check on boot-up.

• Like 1